Search for content in message boards

Coleman Family

Coleman Family

Kerri Moore (View posts)
Posted: 16 Dec 2003 8:47PM GMT
Does anyone know of the Coleman Family from Bastrop? My grandmother was Florence Coleman-Moore. My grandfather was John William Moore. My great aunts and uncles include Leonard Coleman, Sammy Coleman, Lewell Coleman, Jewel Coleman, Laura Kate Coleman, Estelle Coleman, and Alvy Coleman (just to name a few). Please let me know if anyone knows of these people.

Re: Coleman Family

Posted: 20 Mar 2004 7:25PM GMT
I have tons of Coleman family from Morehouse Parish but do not know any of the names listed.. did the parents have brothers or sisters.. maybe I will know one of them.

Posted: 8 Jul 2011 12:55AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Coleman Families
I can not recall any of the names you listed but I am related to some Colemans (African American) in Jones/Bonita and surrounding areas (Bastrop, Monroe) Louisiana.

Posted: 15 Mar 2012 1:42PM GMT
I am a descendant of the Coleman Family. My family lived around the Oak Ridge, Louisiana area.

Posted: 15 Mar 2012 10:58PM GMT
Would you know of any decendants from Mrs. Martha(Stella) Coleman who lived in Bonita/Jones, Louisiana and surrounding area? She was my paternal Grand Aunt (My Grandfathers sister.

Posted: 3 May 2012 6:45PM GMT
I have not come across the names above but if I do, will let you know. My grandmother was Martha Williams Coleman, I think.

Posted: 4 May 2012 1:01AM GMT
Clarence, If your grandmother was a Martha Coleman, from the Bonita/Jones area and she was African American, then she was in all probability my Grand Aunt Martha (Stella) Cunningham Coleman. She was the only Girl born to Robert and Cheney Cunningham among eight boys. She was 100 years old at death in the Bastrop, Mer Rouge, Bonita/Jones Area of Louisiana. My Grandfather (her brother) Jerry Patrick Cunningham moved to Pine Bluff Arkansas around the early 1940's to live with his daughters and only surviving Son Jesse. who was my father. There are many still living in these Louisiana areas as Colemans, Robinsons, Cunninghams, Parkers, Williams, Taylors, Johnsons, and other surnames not mentioned. Please reply if any of this sounds familiar
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions