Search for content in message boards

Viner-Volin

Viner-Volin

Mike Day (View posts)
Posted: 20 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Viner, Vigneux, Volin
Seeking information on the family of VICTOR VIGNEUX (later spelled VINER), b. in Canada in 1861 but living in Pittsfield, Berkshire County, MA by the 1880's. Married AZAMA VOLIN (b. 1866, Montreal), later known as Emma Viner. Also looking for the parents of Emma Viner, LOUIS and ELIZA VOLIN, both born in Montreal, but living in Pittsfield by the 1860's.

Re: Viner-Volin

Posted: 30 May 2002 4:03PM GMT
Also seeking info on family of Victor and Emma Viner. 1900 census lists them living at 119 West Street. Son Arthur (1888) moved to Los Gatos, CA. Son Charles (1890) moved to DC in 1914. Also had sons Victor (1894)and Gilbert West (1898) and 2 daughters, born in 1885 & 1896.

Heather Archibald (View posts)
Posted: 5 Aug 2003 12:14AM GMT
Surnames: Volin - Viner - Ferdette
By any chance did Emma have a brother named Amida or Amidy Volin also of Pittsfield. He is my great great grandfather and according to his obiturary he had a sister Mrs. Viner that survived him. I am trying to find information on his family and believe that these two may be connected. I don't know his place of birth but I do know that he resided on Howard Street In Pittsfield and was a blacksmith by trade. His parents were Louis Volin and Celeste Ferdette.

Posted: 5 Apr 2014 8:44PM GMT
I am not at all certain his last name was Volin...I've heard it was Viner (Vigneaux) and he was my great-grandfather. I have seen a copy of a news clipping of that time indicating that he owned and operated a Livery (close enough) and was murdered for almost no reason by 2 itinerant Italians, after they'd asked for work and food. I'm quite convinced that part is true. So watch out!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic