Cavanaugh's of Mo.

Posted: 10 Nov 2000 9:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jul 2006 12:59AM GMT
Surnames: Cavanaugh, Hoggatt
Looking for relatives of Henry Robert born
Feb. 7,1858 in Hartville,Mo.Passed March 15,
1922.Married Susan Hoggatt,Born Oct.27,1859,
Passed June 2,1918.Son William Henry.Any info. Would be good.

Cavanaugh's of MO -message#220

Posted: 4 Jan 2001 5:19PM GMT
Edited: 15 Nov 2004 5:21PM GMT
Surnames: Cavanaugh, Hoggatt, Burgess
The following is info which we have on Henry Cavanaugh. We show Henry N. born Feb 7, 1858 in Bedford County, TN. Moved to Wright Co., MO at an early age. In 1879 Married Susan Hoggatt. Susan was born in Missouri, fathers name Elisha Hoggatt, a native of Indiana. On the 1910 Douglas County, WA census he was living with Henry Susan. In about 1888 Henry Susan moved their family to Douglas County, WA. They probably moved about the same time that John Lucy Burgess, Henry's sister and brother-in-law moved to WA. Henry was a farmer. Their children are as follows:
1. Mary N. born 1880 in MO
2. Dora A. born July 1881 in MO
3. May F. born May 1884 in MO
4. Robert L. born May 1886 in MO, died 1948
5. Laura B. born May 1888 in MO
6. William H born March 1895 in WA, died 1964
7. James E born June 1897 in WA, died 1904

Henry N. Cavanaugh died March 15, 1922 and Susan Hoggatt Cavanaugh died June 2, 1918. They are both buried in Waterville City Cemetery, Waterville, Douglas Co., WA.

As evidenced by Henry's death certificate, he evidently married again after Susan's death, June 2, 1918. Henry's death certificate shows his death as March 15, 1922 and shows the informant as Mrs. H. Cavanaugh of Alstown, WA which would indicate a second wife.

Hope this info will be of help. If you should have any information on Henry's parents James W and Mary M. (McClure) Cavanaugh we would appreciate receiving it. We have nothing on James until he appeared on the 1850 census of Bedford Co, TN. My husband is a great-grandson of James W. Cavanaugh. How are you related?

Re: Cavanaugh's of MO-message#220

Marlene Russell (View posts)
Posted: 22 Oct 2001 4:23AM GMT
Edited: 2 Nov 2003 7:05PM GMT
Surnames: Cavanaugh, Bell, Reeder, MacDonald, McClure, Hoggatt
Hi... I am a great grandaughter of Henry N. Cavanaugh,
and great great grandaughter of James W. Cavanaugh. My
grandmother was Laura B.(Bell) Cavanaugh..Reeder and
last Macdonald...She was baried in Waterville Wash...
Henrys parents were James W.Cavanaugh B.March 15,1818
in IN.
Mary M(Martha)? McClure b.Sept 12,1828
in Nashville. Davidson Co. TN
Henry married Susan Hoggatt B. Nov 1659 in MO.

They had seven children which Laura B (Bell) Cavanaugh
was my grandmother...She married a william Reeder, and
later married a John J. Macdonald who became the sheriff of
Douglas Co... Hope you get this information OK.
I live in Roseburg Oregon
1-503-673-1698...
My father was Laura Bell C. Macdonalds son.. Born in Alstown Washington.
Thanks Marlene and Ken Russell

Re: Cavanaugh's of MO-message#220

Posted: 23 Oct 2001 2:40AM GMT
Edited: 18 Mar 2002 2:46AM GMT
Surnames: Cavanaugh, McClure
Marlene~thanks for your reply to the message on James W Cavanaugh. I tried e-mailing you at the address shown but got it back. James W Cavanaugh was my husband Morris' great grandfather. His grandfather was Jackson Lee Cavanaugh. Morris died on March 5 of this year but he had extensive info on James W & Mary M (McClure) family; however nothing on James prior to his appearing on the 1850 census of Bedford Co TN. Last fall, shortly after Morris became ill, I corresponded with Stan Bates of Washington state. His mother sent me some information and pictures. Morris was to ill to get into all of this again and I haven't corresponded with either Stan or his mother since shortly after Morris died. I am trying to get back into the genealogy searching again and hope I might find something else on James prior to 1850. Anyway, I would be glad to have any information on Laura Bell's line of the family that you might furnish such as her birth/death date (we only had May 1888 on her birth date), her husband(s), the children and their birth/death dates or whatever that you might have and would like to share.

Where did you get the info on James & Mary? Again thanks for the message. You could e-mail me directly at moraca824@aol.com.

Bettie Cavanaugh
PS I live in Cross Plains, Callahan Co, TX

Re: Cavanaugh's of MO -message#220

Posted: 20 Oct 2005 3:05AM GMT
Edited: 21 Oct 2005 4:50PM GMT
Surnames: Cavanaugh, Hadlock
I have a William Cavanaugh that was married to an Elizabeth.Am looking for info on them.He was the father of James A. Cavanaugh from Missouri. James was maried to Arizona (Zona) Hadlock. Is this the same family?

Bettie S Cavanaugh (View posts)
Posted: 20 Oct 2005 1:49PM GMT
Sorry! I don't believe this is the same family. Continued good hunting to you.

Posted: 17 Jan 2008 4:15AM GMT
Surnames: Cavanaugh, Webb, McClure, Latimer, Read
Yes, this family is related. William is a son of James Cavanaugh and Mary (or Martha) McClure. He is listed in some early records as James, but later shows up as William. He married three times... Mary Webb, Nancy ?, and Elizabeth Latimer. I descend from William and Mary's son John Houston Cavanaugh. I can't find any record of William's death, so I don't know where he ended up. John Houston married Mary Read and moved to Washington state, first in Douglas County with his Uncle and Aunts and later settling in Yakima County where he died.
If you have more info on William or Mary Webb, I would be interested.
new email: shannon@cg-re.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic