Search for content in message boards

Chambliss in Tennessee

Chambliss in Tennessee

Posted: 19 May 2001 6:32PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 3:10AM GMT
My great grand father was born James Henry Chambliss date and place of birth unknown. Death July 1934. Married Rosie Belle Raymer- children from this union were Ander Johnson(Bud) Wiley- John-Albert and Nancy Ellen (my grand mother). Nancy was born in Joelton, Davidson County, Tenn. in Aug. 1894. Any and all help is GREATY appreciated. Thankls! Linda

Re: Chambliss in Tennessee

Posted: 20 Sep 2001 3:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Mar 2002 7:25PM GMT
Surnames: Chambliss, Raymer, Trenary, Hackney
Linda, Henry and Belle Raymer CHAMBLISS are my ggrandparents, also. I have very little documented information about them, but I do have photos of them. My father was the son of Allie Marie CHAMBLISS (1898-1964), dau. of Henry and Belle. Allie Chambliss mar Urban Elmore "Urb" Hackney (1895-1982) in Robertson Co., TN on 19 June 1917. Urb was really a Trenary, but went by the Hackney Surname most of his life--long story. My father was the youngest of their 6 children. Although Allie and Urb lived into their golden yrs., my father was adopted by his aunt Margaret E. Trenary ODEN, at about the age of 10. Apparently Urb wasn't much of a family man, and took to the highway's when the mood suited, leaving Allie to fend for the 5 living children. Times were very tough for her, but she was a real worker. I have two photographs of her, also. Allie and Urb are buried next to one another in TN, Cheatham Co., New Hope FWB Church Cem. There are 10 other CHAMBLISS burial at New Hope, two of which match either dates or given names for Henry and Belle's alleged children: A.J. Chambliss (6 Aug 1899 - 9 Sept 1981) shs with Docia Chambliss (21 Feb 1901 - 21 Mar 1988); Wiley J. Chambliss (1883-1947) hs reads "Father". There are 14 Raymer graves there, also.
In addition to the children of Henry and Belle that you named, my father recalls that Allie also had a brother named Vick. He thinks that a Hardy Knight was some how related to her, possibly as a half brother--I doubt this information as the only Hardy Knight I can find was born ca. 1875. He and wife Mildred are buried at the New Hope FWB Cem., also.
How did you come up with the name of James Henry CHAMBLISS? I have him as William Henry CHAMBLISS, but I must admit that I haven't gotten very far with that combination!! My information is based on my father's recollection that he was named for his grandfather CHAMBLISS.
If you have any photographs, I would love to have a look at them. You are welcomed to contact me via this board or at gkcarrigan@aol.com at your convenience! KC

Re: Chambliss in Tennessee

Posted: 18 Feb 2003 5:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Nov 2006 2:49PM GMT
I found a Hardy Knight (born abt 1815) married to a Nancy Ann Raymer (born abt 1827) on 9-6-1846 in Davison Tennessee. On a NC 1850 census they had two kids: William B. 2 yrs and Flora 1 yr.

Don't know if that is any relation to Rosie Belle Raymer. Hope this helps.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic