Search for content in message boards

John Kennelly children unaccounted for

John Kennelly children unaccounted for

Posted: 25 Mar 2009 5:03AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kennelly
Thomas Kennelly b. 1843 Ireland to John and Bridget nee Danehy Kennelly (Konalley, Kenelly) is listed in the 1850 Philadelphia, PA Census as age 7. He died within the next 10 years as he is not included with his family in the 1860 PA Census. I can't find his death or birth/ baptism records.
There are two baptismal records in Boherbue, County Cork, Ireland attributed to John and Bridget (Danehy) Kennelly: one female, Hannah, in 1846 and one male in 1843....possibly Thomas. Hannah was not listed on the 1850 Census. Did she die in Ireland or on the trip over?
My last question has to do with the number of children born to John and Bridget. The Hudson Dispatch Obit (N.J.) for their youngest child John Joseph Kennelly in 1892 stated he was the youngest and last of 16 children. I have only found 9, Barnard being the first one born in US in 1847.
I have not found immigration or naturalization records for John, Bridget, Hannah or Thomas either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: John Kennelly children unaccounted for

Posted: 22 Feb 2011 3:31AM GMT
Was there by any chance a Matthew Kannely listed as one of their children? I'm at a dead end trying to find out where in Ireland My great grandfather was from. We were always told Cork but I have no proof of that. I do know that Matthew was born in Ireland. But that's all I know.

Posted: 16 May 2011 8:49PM GMT
Surnames: Kennelly, Canally
Thomas, Bernard, Edward and John are documented. As I said, there were 16 offspring so I can't say Matthew was not one of the clan. Do you have him attached to parents or siblings' names? I'm willing to exchange tree access with you if you are willing.

Posted: 24 Jun 2011 9:13PM GMT
Hi Lostlinks
I would love to have access to your tree. Matthew is so hard to trace. Matthew was born in Ireland. He immigrated in 1848. I do not know his parents names. My trail goes cold with just him. If you can connect him with your family that would be awesome. Thank you very much for responding to my query. I haven't logged on for awhile because I never get any where on here. I have looked up all the Kannelly's spelled all the different ways and still cannot connect the dots.

MaryAnn KannelyPuente
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions