Search for content in message boards

Sarah Lincoln

Sarah Lincoln

Posted: 24 Apr 2000 6:34AM GMT
Edited: 8 Nov 2003 6:24PM GMT
Looking for information on Sarah Lincoln unsure of exact year of birth, but believed to be 1815-1825. She married Samuel J Wyland.

Some papers that have been given to me by my grandmother's daughter said that Sarah may have been a cousin to Abraham Lincoln
Any help would be appreciated.
Barbara

Sarah Lincoln

Linda Landavazo (View posts)
Posted: 4 May 2000 1:44PM GMT
I am related very distantly to Abe Lincoln by way of Sarah Lincoln marrying Joseph Wyllys in 1600s. The Lincoln family is fascinating and quite large. Suggest you try to obtain copies of "History of Hingham Massachusetts".. shows lineage of Lincoln's family along with all the other English brothers from 1600s... there were many. My family connection is Thomas "The Miller" Lincoln. I can forward copies if you cant locate it. I have done quite a bit of work but it is still pretty voluminous.

Sarah Lincoln

Posted: 9 May 2000 5:27AM GMT
could you please forward me any information that you may have that may be helpful. I am very interested in tracing this line.
thanks for your reply
Barbara
BCombs6528@aol.com

Papers - Abraham Lincoln

Fred Lincoln (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jun 2000 2:11PM GMT
I, too, am a distant relative of Abraham Lincoln (indirect) but no direct remain living. I do have a Bible, there is a Sarah listed in it....please reply.

Also, are those papers from a newspaper article?

Sarah Lincoln

Posted: 5 Jun 2000 6:57PM GMT
Thanks for responding. No I have information passed down from family members. I am currently obtaining more information, and will gladly pass on what ever I find. Should know more early next week.

Papers - Abraham Lincoln

Fred Lincoln (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jun 2000 9:11PM GMT
Great, Fred is my father and we have been researching our family tree for sometime. We used to have a newspaper clipping stating that we were the last non-direct living descendants of Abraham Lincoln but it was lost when we moved. We do still have the Bible however and were able to find our relationship to him. I guess he would be somewhere near my 7th great uncle but i am guessing because my father is not here at the moment. Please keep in contact - stephani.lincoln@mailexcite.com. Thanks.

Surname Lincoln Link

Hilda (Lincoln) Thompson (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jun 2000 9:17AM GMT
I am interested in your lineage and possible relationship to mine. How does Fred Lincoln relate to historical Lincoln lines?
I was born a Lincoln in MI, father Alexander Russell Lincoln b. 1909 in MI; his father Daniel Francis Lincoln b. 1884 in MI; his father Alexander Russell Lincoln b.1839 in NY; his father Caleb (AKA Calup) Lincoln b. 1799 in VT; and his father Apollos Lincoln b. 1777 (in VT?). Are you willing to share what you know of your Lincoln lineage and part of country where they and you lived? Thanks

Re: Lincolns

Posted: 10 Jun 2000 7:45AM GMT
Edited: 10 Mar 2003 6:04PM GMT
I'm a descendant of Thomas Lincoln the miller, who went from Hingham, MA to Taunton, MA in 1649. I'm expanding my work to include all American Lincolns, which obviously will take years to do. I have about 5,000 names and their lines in a database now.
The only Apollos Lincoln I have record of was born in Taunton around 1752, and I have nothing further on him. He could be a father to your Apollos, but that's only a guess. I've also heard of an Apollos born 1802, but no one seems to know his ancestry. Maybe they are all tied together. If I could figure this out, I could include your line. Seems like a trip to VT is in order someday.
You can view my research and download my database in GEDCOM format from my web page at: http://users.tp.net/ralincoln/fam_hist.htm

Lincoln Family History

Posted: 15 Dec 2000 2:36PM GMT
Edited: 31 Dec 2001 3:06PM GMT
I was wondering if you might have information on Jacob and Sarah Lincoln? My great grandmother was Minnie Mae Lincoln, born 6/17/1888. Her parents were Jacob and Sarah. I was always told, by my great uncle, that we were related to Abraham Lincoln. I have a death certificate on Minnie and this gives her mother and father's names as Jacob and Sarah Lincoln. Other than that, I am at a standstill. Where do I go from here?

Re: Minnie Lincoln

Posted: 15 Dec 2000 4:12PM GMT
Edited: 10 Mar 2003 6:04PM GMT
Do you know any places they were born or lived, at least what part of the country? So far I have 3 Jacobs who could qualify as Minnie's father, and I don't know the wives or children of any of them. However, they are all descendants of Samuel the weaver, and related to the president:

Jacob b. 1834 Harrison Co., IN, son of Thomas Lincoln and Sarah Weathers
Jacob M. b. 1841 Cape Girardeau, MO, son of John Joseph Lincoln and Catherine Bess
Jacob S. b. 31 Mar 1856 Eastport, ME, son of George Otis Lincoln and Pauline Stawnells

I also have a Minnie M. Lincoln, b. ?, daughter of George Franklin Lincoln and Susan Margaret Leonard of Taunton, MA; however, the death certificate would seem to rule them out.
That's all I have right now.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic