Search for content in message boards

George W. Runions

George W. Runions

Posted: 12 Aug 2009 6:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Runions, Cook
My great, great Grandfather was Harvey Runions, son of Ewing Runions, brother to Curtis Runions. Is there information about Rhoda Cook, married to Ewing?

Re: George W. Runions

Posted: 23 Aug 2009 3:40AM GMT
Ewing was born 22 Jan 1855? Married Rhoda Cook? His father is my George Washington Runion. George's wife was Mary Elizabeth Eastridge.

George W. Runions

Posted: 23 Aug 2009 3:52AM GMT
Surnames: Runions
Yes, Ewing Runions was born January 22, 1855 and was married to Rhoda Cook. They were the parents of my Dad, Curtis Sherman Runions.

Which of George Washington Runions sons are you decended from?

Posted: 23 Aug 2009 4:09AM GMT
Surnames: Runion, Runions, Baker, Owens
I'm working on my husband's line. George Washington's youngest son was Andrew Winton Runion who married Christeney Celia Owens according to her gravestone in Harrogate Cemetery, Harrogate, Tennessee. Andrew Winton's son was William Frank Runions who married Mossie Baker. I found where the children went to Claiborne Co, Tennessee to live on the land left to them by their father--Hezekiah, but they were so young someone should have been with them.

Posted: 23 Aug 2009 4:35AM GMT
In the 1860 census of Claiborne, Tennessee a Rhoda M born about 1857 has parents named Reuben M (abt 1823, TN) and Levester (abt 1831, TN). Is this our lady?
In the 1910 census a Rhoda RUNMONS (abt 1861) is married to a Ervin T Runmons. Nora (1880, TN) and Curtis (1898, TN) are there. Who are Zona M Reed (1885, TN) Julia Reed (1887, TN) and Dewey Runnions (1905, TN)?

Posted: 23 Aug 2009 3:20PM GMT
I am decended from both Ewing and Andrew Winton. My great grandmother Dona (Runions) Welch was daughter of Andrew Winton; my great grandfather Harvey Runions was son of Ewing Runions. My grandmother Delia (Welch) Runyon, daughter of Dona Welch, married Gillus J. Runyon, son of Harvey (son of Andrew Winton). They were 2nd cousins.
I'm still trying to sort it out...

Posted: 23 Aug 2009 3:25PM GMT
Found information re Hezekiah Runions' children; when he died Solomon Dobbins was appointed guardian of George, Polly, and Charles W Runions on 13 May 1822. The children were granted 75 acres of land on Pronel Run, waters of Rupell Creek, Claiborne County, 5 Apr 1824. Can find no further genealogical record.

Posted: 23 Aug 2009 3:27PM GMT
Frank Runions was also my great uncle, sister to my great grandmother, Dona.

George W. Runions

Posted: 24 Aug 2009 5:38AM GMT
Surnames: Cook
I am the Granddaughter of Ewing and Rhoda (Cook) Runions.

Their children was Elva, Henley, Harvey, Curtis Sherman (my Dad born 1896 and died in 1988) and Julia Nora (Runions) Russell.

My information has Rhoda being born in 1869 and died 1933.

She was the daughter of Reuben M.(born 1823 & died ?) and LeVesta Cook (born 1831 & died ?)

Their children were Bob, Lucy, (Dobbs) Angie, (Payne)Adeline, (Dobbs) Rhoda, (Runions) Margaret, (?) and Reuben F.

Posted: 5 Dec 2009 12:28AM GMT
Frank Runions was my husband's grandfather. Dona was the grandmother of Glen Welch. Frank's daughter Ethel and Glen's daughter was Patricia and son was Larry Buster. Do you know these people?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions