Search for content in message boards

Where Did The Ancestry draft registration card Go?

Where Did The Ancestry draft registration card Go?

Posted: 11 Aug 2012 8:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Aug 2012 2:08PM GMT
I accidentally removed a WW2 draft registration card from someone in my tree but when I went to reattach it, the record isn't there.

The draft registration card was from Michigan but that state no longer shows as an option when I search that database?

I know the record did exist and come from Ancestry (I have a copy on my hard drive and a printed copy).

Any ideas?

Re: Where Did The Ancestry draft registration card Go?

Posted: 12 Aug 2012 6:29PM GMT
Give me the name and particulars. I'll see if I can find it.

Sharon

Posted: 13 Aug 2012 11:23PM GMT
Sharon,

Thanks for the offer but the problem is Michigan no longer shows up on the list of states for which records exist.

So when you got to this page http://search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=1002 and hit the drop down box - no Michigan.

That being said, the particulars are as follows:

William Paul Radwick living in Flint Michigan at 1218 Smith Street.

I've been able to recreate it since I had previously downloaded the image - just wondering at this point where the Michigan records went to?

Posted: 14 Aug 2012 1:46AM GMT
You had me a bit confused because you mentioned a drop-down box. You don't use that for searching.

However, I did search for this man and did not find him on Ancestry. I agree that there is no drop-down box for Michigan if you want to browse.

It sure does look like the Michigan records disappeared if you had attached them previously. I guess Ancestry has to answer for this.

I did find that draft card on FamilySearch, but, of course, you can't attach it to a tree from there.

Good thing you had a download of it.

Sharon

Posted: 14 Aug 2012 9:38AM GMT
Sharon,

Thanks for trying.

I wasn't trying to search with the drop down box, my assumption was that the states on the drop down box represent the totality of the data and that Michigan wasn't there.

Now I'm wondering if I actually pulled it off familysearch? I would have said no, but I guess its possible….

Thanks again!

Posted: 14 Aug 2012 4:14PM GMT
" I'm wondering if I actually pulled it off familysearch?"
=================================

That conclusion seems more likely, since this is ACOM's description of the data set.

This database currently contains draft cards for the following states:

Alaska
Arkansas*
California*
Connecticut
Delaware
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana*
Maryland
Massachusetts
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New York*
Ohio*
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Puerto Rico
Rhode Island
Vermont
Virginia
Washington
West Virginia

*The collection of records for these states in this database is incomplete. Therefore, it is possible that an ancestor who fits the age requirement of this registration and is from one of these states, will not currently be found in this database.

Records for additional states will be added to this database as Ancestry can acquire them.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions