Search for content in message boards

EZOP, NOWICKI

EZOP, NOWICKI

Deborah Ezop (View posts)
Posted: 24 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Dec 2003 9:21PM GMT
My father-in-law has stated that his ancestors came to the U.S. in the late 1800's to the Saginaw/Bay City area of Michigan. Am seeking any info on where in Poland they originated.

Nowicki name

Carol Reisig (View posts)
Posted: 2 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Nov 2003 8:15PM GMT
Surnames: sroko, liss, brutkiewicz, chlebowski, mcphee, christie

I have just recently gotten involved in this side of the family. I do know that all thirteen children born to George and Eva were living at the time of their 50th wedding anniversary. Their names were Stanley, Tony, John, Martin, Edward, Helen (Sroko), Rose (Liss), Sophie, Celia (Brutkiewicz), Anna (Chlebowski), Stella (McPhee), Virginia (Christie) and Chester. All of the boys had nicknames also. I do remember my great grandmother Eva. She lived in a house in Bay City, MI right behind St. Stans Church and only spoke Polish. My thoughts are that she must have passed away in the early 1960's. I don't remember knowing my great grandfather George but I was told that he was a crane operator for Hirshfields in Bay City, MI as was my grandfather Stanley. My grandfather died 6-27-1979 and is buried in Soldiers Plot HH in St. Patricks Cemetary in Bay City. Carol

Nowicki

Deborah Ezop (View posts)
Edited: 23 Nov 2003 8:14PM GMT
Surnames: NOWICKI
My husband (whose ancestors on his mother's side were NOWICKI'S isn't sure if there is a connection or not. If you wouldn't mind sharing your info, I would love to compare with the few notes I have so far! Thanks for your respnse!!

NOWICKI surname

Carol Reisig (View posts)
Surnames: Nowicki, Rybescki

My grandfather Stanley Nowicki was born in Bay City, MI 10-25-1898 to a George Nowicki and Eva Rybescki? My aunt told me that George came from the Poland/German border. I have no verification.
Stanley was the oldest of 13 children. I have all of their names and some of the girls married names. Please contact me if I can be of some help.

Nowicki

Marcia (View posts)
Posted: 12 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Nowicki, Piechura, Pacholczak
My grandfather was Franciszek (Frank) Nowicki. I believe his parents were Katarzyna (Katherine) and Casmir Nowicki.
He was Poznan, Poland on Sept. 22, 1877. He had a brother Joseph. He Married Katarzyna (Katherin) Piechura on Nov.6,1898. They immigrated to America (Wisconsin) in 1902.
Katherin parents were Thomas Piechura and Katarzyna Pacholczak. Does any of this sound familiar??

Re: Nowicki

Lou (View posts)
Posted: 4 Oct 2001 2:03AM GMT
Edited: 9 Sep 2003 5:50PM GMT
Surnames: Nowicki
I'm from Milwaukee and Mequon. Knew about a Frank Nowicki in the 1925-1930 period. Other names sound familiar.
Also had Nowicki relatives in the Pulaski, Sobieski area. Just returned from Poland after doing my research. Email me for additional info.

Lana (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jan 2003 2:38PM GMT
Edited: 2 Sep 2003 4:35PM GMT
Surnames: Nowicki, Dombrzalski
Can you link the name Theresa to the Nowicki in your line?
I have a Theresa with children from a Nowicki raised by her second husband Roch Dombrzalski. I don't knw what the first name of Nowicki was... Nowicki in my line died of 1918 flu epidemic that killed so many. Left behind Standley, Leo, Justin, Regina and Helen Nowicki.
Posted: 19 Mar 2004 9:16PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jun 2004 8:16PM GMT
Surnames: ezop
hello
my name is george , and I am looking for my grandparants,
thier name were,,,Thomas and Elizabeth Ezop,my grandfather came from Poland and my grandmother was born in Ilinois, was wondering if they were related to your family.I think they came from Michigan.. any help would be helpful,
THANK YOU

Joleah Nowicki (View posts)
Posted: 1 Aug 2004 4:35AM GMT
Edited: 2 Aug 2004 1:10PM GMT
Surnames: nowicki
Hello. My great-grandfather was a Frank Nowicki. He was born on 10/10/1890 and was married to Apolonia Nowicki.and was Born 6/2/1900. They both resided in Chicago and the northern Ilinois./Wisconsin area around that time.. Do they sound familiar.?

Re: Brutkiewicz

Posted: 7 Jul 2009 1:07PM GMT
Edited: 7 Jul 2009 7:48PM GMT
Surnames: Brutkiewicz
I am looking for a Siegfried Brutkiewicz who came to NY, NY in 1890, born in Berlin, GE. His father, Moritz(?) was from what was Prussia, now Poland. Siegfried was naturalized in Dupage Co, IL - and family moved from there to Mobile, AL.
Can anyone offer any help please?
Thank you,
Amie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic