Posted: 3 Jan 2003 3:49AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Grant
Looking for Henry C. Grant
Born Abt 1845 in Georgia
Moved to Texas in approx. 1870's
Living in Hunt County, Texas in 1880 Census
Married a Mary S. (Unknown) around 1865-1868 in Georgia

I have had no success in locating him or his wife or family in Georgia.

Was just hoping someone might have some clues.

thxs

Re: Henry C. Grant

Denice Sadler (View posts)
Posted: 3 Aug 2003 2:50AM GMT
I am also searching for a Henry Chay Grant who was born in 1833 in Columbus, GA. He married Mary Ann Smith who was born in 1843 in Columbus, GA.

Posted: 31 May 2006 6:31PM GMT
This is probably my great-great grandfather, Henry C. Grant who was married to Mary Ann Smith. I know his wife's surname only from my grandmother; I don't have proof.

You will find them in Indian Territory (Choctaw, I believe) in 1900, and in Oklahoma in 1910, but by then his wife, Mary, is a different woman. My grandmother told me he was married 4 times, but I found reference only to these 2 marriages. However, when I looked at the 1910 census again where it asks for marriage information, it looks like there is an indication that this is his 4th marriage, and her 2nd. Mary Ann was his first wife, so he was married 4 times in the space of 10 years.

If you have the 1880 census, my great-grandmother is Laura Ella. He lived with her family at the time of his death in 1930 or so.

I don't have any more information on his background, except that I think he is probably the Henry C. Grant married to Mary A. in the 1870 Chattahoochie Co, GA census.

Posted: 31 May 2006 6:36PM GMT
Denice,

This may well be the Henry C. Grant that both Johnny and I are looking for. I think I found Henry and Mary A. Grant in the 1870 in the Chattahoochie, Ga census. Do you know where I can find more information about them?

You can email me at tmsjones@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Thena

Posted: 26 Jan 2012 11:26PM GMT
henry c grant was born in henry county georgia about 1847 son of rederick grant and abigail vinson rederick grant was the son of david grant born in s c lived in darlington dist s c moved to tallapoosa county ala henry c grant was my great grandfather my line of descent is john grant born about 1760 in s c maybe david grant born in s c about 1788 rederick grant born in s c about 1813 henry c grant born in henry county ga about 1847 william r grant born in ga lived in ok for a while buried in ioof cemetery in quinlan tx hunt countytx chester o b grant born in wichita falls tx and then me i still live in hunt county tx if you have any more info please send thanks bob grant
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions