Search for content in message boards

Hammond Family on Mud Lick Branch

Hammond Family on Mud Lick Branch

Posted: 11 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 3:27AM GMT
Surnames: HAMMOND, FITCH, HARN
Looking for information on/descendents of John Hammond and Sarah Fitch who lived on Mud Lick Branch in western Lewis County during 1820s - 1860s. They are buried at Fitch Chapel in Fleming County. Need help tracing John to birthplace in Maryland. This was a very large family and I can share information regarding several of its branches.

Sarah Fitch

Posted: 12 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2001 12:04AM GMT
Surnames: Fitch, Kibbey, Pettit
We are searching 2 different lines of Fitchs in Lewis Co KY
Ours is from Elias Fitch Md Mary Ward buried in Honecker Flats in Fitch Kibbey cemetery.The other Fitchs are from Joeseph Fitch,b Fayette Co PA. I can send both lines. Would like to know if your Sarah is related to either.I have never found a connection between the 2 lines.

Sarah Fitch

David Hammond (View posts)
Posted: 17 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: HAMMOND, FITCH, HARN, JONES, BARNES, HENNIS, BUTLER
The Sarah Fitch who married John Hammond in 1809 and lived on Mud Lick Branch in SW Lewis County was oldest daughter of Salathiel Fitch and Lavina Ann James. The latter were both born in Maryland and resided/died in Fleming County. All these individuals are buried at Fitch Chapel cemetery north of Flemingsburg. Salathiel and Lavina Fitch had 10 children, one of which was Elisha born Fleming Co. 1803. There are many descendents who lived in Fleming Co., but I do not have any information on a Elias Fitch, Mary Ward, or Joseph Fitch in Lewis Co. and nothing regarding a connection to Penn. The most detailed genealogy on the Fitch family which I am a part of is "Henry Fitch of Maryland" by Debbie Small, 1984. A quick look doesn't show the names you mentioned, but if you have some more details I can check further. My guess is that there is no connection, but this is a large family with many branches both in MD and KY.

Re: Sarah Fitch

Posted: 14 Aug 2001 1:31AM GMT
Edited: 5 Jan 2002 2:31PM GMT
I wonder if your Fitch, family, might be related to the gr-gr-gr-grandmothert i am looking for. her name was Sophia Ann. she was born in N.Y. in 1813 and was married to Andrew J. buckley in 1838 in Gallia Ohio they sometime in their life moved to Ky. possibly Fleming co. or Carter co, they had 6 children during 1839-1851. She died in 1900 I cant seem to find anything out about her family. I have a blank..

David Hammond (View posts)
Posted: 16 Aug 2001 3:47AM GMT
Surnames: Fitch, Hammond
Thanks for your note. I wish I could some encouragement regarding your search for your Fitch family in Kentucky, but I don’t think I can. While I can’t completely dismiss a connection between Sarah Fitch of Lewis/Fleming County, Kentucky, and your Fitch line, I really doubt that there is one unless it is way back before the mid 1700s. Sarah’s father Salathiel Fitch Sr. was born in Baltimore, MD in 1764 and moved to Kentucky about 1789. This Fitch family was centered in the Baltimore area for several generations before that. Of Salathiel’s four brothers, two spent their lives in Baltimore and two went to Kentucky before 1800 and later ended up in Ohio. We have turned up no connections with New York. The best reference for my Fitch family is “Henry Fitch of Maryland” complied by Deborah K. Small, 1984. I looked through my copy and unfortunately could not find anything pertaining to Sophie Ann Fitch or Andrew Buckley. Best wishes for success in your search.

David Hammond

Posted: 16 Aug 2001 12:08PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jan 2002 2:31PM GMT
Believe it or not:: I found my missing grandmothers lineage, one of the Fitch message boards did have her included in their line. She is related to Rev James Fitch. of Ct. thanks for your help. marilyn

kevin fitch (View posts)
Posted: 13 Nov 2002 1:02AM GMT
Surnames: Fitch
I came from the line of Joseph B. Fitch and Susannah Pettit from Lewis County,Kentucky.Maybe there is some info we can share together.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions