Search for content in message boards

Family from Knocknamuckley

Family from Knocknamuckley

Tom Bell (View posts)
Posted: 13 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bell, Thompson, Hardy
My great-great-grandfather was George Bell, married Mary Thompson in Waringstown parish church 3 Oct 1829. They were from the parish of Tullylish; I've been told the townland of Knocknamuckley. They had four children. My great-grandfather John married Mary Ann Hardy, and they emigrated to the U.S. in the 1860's with my grandfather, Samuel Thompson Bell, and his sister Mary. I'd greatly appreciate any information about this family.

thompson surname

Posted: 4 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Mar 2002 10:32PM GMT
IN RESPONSE TO YOUR POSTING; MY GRANDFATHER WAS SAMUEL THOMPSON, BORN IN BALLYDOUGAN, DISTRICT OF WARRINGSTOWN IN 1878. HIS PARENTS WERE ROBERT HENRY THOMPSON AND HANNAH CARSON THOMPSON. HIS FATHER AND OTHER THOMPSON RELATIVES ARE BURIED IN KNOCKNAMUCKLEY CEMETARY. HAVE NOT HEARD OF A MARY THOMPSON. CONTACT FRO MORE INFO

My grandmother was from Armagh

Posted: 11 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 18 Oct 2001 8:11PM GMT
Surnames: Bell, Haslip, Golden, Kirk, Jansen, McCarron
My grandmother Margaret Bell from Armagh, born 4/13/1893, emmigrated to Providence, Rhode Island sometime between 1910 -1912 with her sister Annie. She had many sisters and at least one brother William. I am interested in any information on my family that someone may have.

Grandpa's Church was Knocknamuckley

Jerry Scott (View posts)
Posted: 28 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: McMURRAY, LOCKHART, ROGERS, GRAHAM, DYNES
My grandfather, James Edward McMURRAY, emigrated from Co. Armagh to Canada around 1883. His home was in the townland of Ballygargan, right next to the townland of Knocknamuckley, and he was baptized in the C. of I. Knocknamuckley Church. His parents were William McMURRAY and Ann Jane LOCKHART, who were married at Knocknamuckley in 1844, and produced a large family. Ann Jane was born in Co. Down, probably in Tullylish Parish. Other names married into the family were ROGERS, GRAHAM and DYNES. Both William and Ann Jane are buried in the Churchyard at Knocknamuckley.

BELL FROM aRMAGH

Douglas Bell (View posts)
Posted: 9 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bell, Sewell, Cooper, Fitzsimmons, Mullen, Creaney
I have just started researching my Bell family. We have discovered that William John Bell born C1880 came from Lurgan, possibly in Armagh. His father was John Bell and his mother Margaret Fitzsimmons.

William John Bell married a LIssie Sewell in Partick in Scotland in 1901.

This is all the info we have.

william mcmurray

shirley mcmurray (View posts)
Posted: 28 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: MCMURRAY
Hello
I just didcovered an old message of yours . my husbands gggf was william mcmurray married to anne jane lockhart. his ggf was william married to mary dynes. we have several photos of mary holding my husband when he was an infant.would love to hear from you.
shirley and bob mcmurray

Re: william mcmurray

Kimberly Thompson (View posts)
Posted: 14 Aug 2001 7:49AM GMT
Hello
I have a great grandfather whose name is William McMurray whom had a daughter by the name of Jennie May. Whom married Horace O. Cleckner. Please let me know if you may or may not have any connections with these people.
Thanks,
Kimmie Kay

Re: Grandpa's Church was Knocknamuckley

Posted: 26 May 2005 10:45PM GMT
Jerry, Iam researching the Dynes family. We have a James Dynes, wife Mary Anne Mcconnel. Two of their children, Edith Dynes and Captain Ralph Dynes are buried with them in the Knocknamuckly Parish Church cemetary. Any connection? Also in the family: Ann Jane Dynes married John Rodgers.

Posted: 14 Feb 2006 3:32AM GMT
Surnames: DYNES, NEWS
Hi Sandra,

Have a James DYNES in my family tree b. 1855 in Lurgan, Co Armagh - parents John and Ellen. Any connection?

Sandra (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 2006 9:48PM GMT
Gail,
I don't think we have a match. I believe the James Dynes in our family was born in 1861, married Mary Anne McConnel in 1884. His parents were John & Anne Campbell Dynes. His brothers & sisters were: Pierce, Matilda, Valentine, Ralph, William, John, Anne Jane & Sarah. Does any of this fit?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions