Search for content in message boards

JACOB and ELI CARNES

JACOB and ELI CARNES

Posted: 16 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Jan 2002 1:53AM GMT
Surnames: CARNES, McKOWN
Need origian,dates, parents,wife and children of JACOB CARNES (only know his name).
Also, his known son ELI CARNES, b. 1803, Camden Dist.,Lancaster Co., SC, d. 1857, Jonesboro, Clayton Co., GA.
ELI's wife was JANE, maiden name unknown. JANE CARNES b. Jan. 10, 1804, SC, and d. Nov. 13, 1890, Jonesboro, GA. What was JANE CARNES' maiden name?

Also, need info re the wife of ELI CARNES' son STEPHEN CARNES(b. 1828, Lancaster, d. 1905, Jonesboro, GA), who was SARAH McKOWN, b.1804 in SC, d.1890 in GA.
Any help greatly appreciated. Have CARNES info to share.

Carnes family

Howard Alford (View posts)
Posted: 18 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Carnes, Durant, Douglas

Surnames shown are alleged to have lived in the Lancaster area. My ggrandfather was James A. Carnes
who married Mary A. Durant. My ggrandfather is alleged
to be Charles Carnes who married Mary Douglas. Can anyone confirm or expand on this info?

Howard Alford
howalfsumternet@sumter.net
Posted: 23 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Apr 2002 8:11PM GMT
Surnames: Carnes, Patterson
I'm looking for information on a Carnes whose wife was Jane or Jennie Patterson. They had the following children that I know of Abner b. 1797 SC, Thomas b. 1802 SC and John Fletcher b. ?? Any help with this family would be appreciated.

Carnes/Jane Patterson

Posted: 24 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 21 Jan 2002 1:53AM GMT
Dear Becky,

I'm sorry, but I can't help you. None of the names of the children of your unknown Carnes and his wife, nee Patterson, is in my database. It's possible that they are the children of John Carnes, b. abt. 1787, in Lancaster. He was the son of Jacob Carnes and wife Mary. I have no further info on John though. Wish I could help you.
Suzanne
Posted: 25 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Apr 2002 8:11PM GMT
Thanks for taking the time to look for me. I really appreciate it.

Carnes family

Posted: 2 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 5 Aug 2002 1:01PM GMT
Surnames: Carnes
My Great grandfather was Peter Cooper Carnes who was born
Dec. 12, 1880,Died March 11 1957, he lived in Lancaster County. I am not sure whether he
is any relation to who you are researching. I have just started researching this. If you know if they may be kin
please contact me.

Carnes

Imogean M. McDonald (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Carnes, Davis, Karnes
I am searching for a John Carnes born ca 1800-1816 who had a son named John who moved to Texas, and a daughter Elizabeth Purilla Carnes/Karnes who married Thompson Davis in SC ca 1850; after the Civil War the Davis family moved to Limestone County, AL.

John is reported to have owned a large plantation and had many slaves. Some say that he disowned Elizabeth after her marriage to Thompson Davis.

Any info appreciated.

Re: JACOB and ELI CARNES

Posted: 19 Jul 2011 12:12AM GMT
Surnames: CARNES
My maiden name is Carnes. Jacob Carnes is my great great great grandfather. Check out spelling of CARNS. If my memory serves me currently, check out Alexander CARNS. Jacob is buried in Lancaster County in the Carnes cemetery. Some Carnes left out the 'e.' I have lots of info on Carnes.
Check out my family tree for answers you seek.

Re: Carnes family

Posted: 25 Oct 2011 11:33PM GMT
Peter Cooper Carnes was my great-great grandfather who was married to Etta. Ganson Cooper Carnes was my great-granfather and Donald Ganson Carnes was my grandfather.

Re: Carnes family

Posted: 25 Oct 2011 11:37PM GMT
Who was your grandfather?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions