Search for content in message boards

Ormsby

Ormsby

Anita C. Mason (View posts)
Posted: 10 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ormsby
Did any of your ORMSBYs migrate to California before 1914? I have information about a male ORMSBY (I don't have the first name handy) who lived and died in Monterey County, CA. in the early 20th century.

Ormsby migration

Posted: 1 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 7 Aug 2001 6:31PM GMT
Surnames: ORMSBY
My g grandfather WILLIAM WALLACE ORMSBY migrated to CA. probably in the 1850s. I have no specific place in Ca. where he may have gone to. Then to AZ. in the early 1900s.

Re: Ormsby migration

Posted: 25 Mar 2005 5:47PM GMT
I found the two, William and Levi in calif ,1870 ,Santa Barbara farming and levi in Hueneme Calif in 1880,

Pauline Thiessen (View posts)
Posted: 12 Nov 2005 3:04AM GMT
Surnames: ormsby
I am directly related to William Wallace Ormsby and his brother Levi Washington Ormsby. Levi is harder than William Wallace to find vital statistics on once he was mustered out of the union army. I would appreciate knowing your sources so I can track down copies of them, thanks a lot, Pauline Thiessen

Posted: 8 Mar 2006 4:02AM GMT
Edited: 6 Jul 2006 12:33AM GMT
Surnames: ORMSBY
HI PAULINE DID YOU KNOW THAT LEVI WASHINGTON ORMSBY IS BURIED IN THE OJAI CEMETERY IN CALIF.THE GRAVE HAS A REGULATION GOVERMENT MARKER.HE'S LISTED UNDER THE SPANISH AMERICAN WAR ,MISTAKE SHOULD BE UNDER CIVIL WAR-UNION .

Posted: 10 Mar 2006 12:48AM GMT
What is the name of the cemetary in Ojai? I truly appreciate you passing this info. on, its another missing piece of the puzzle that is hard to come by,

thanks again,

Pauline

David Woolley (View posts)
Posted: 5 Apr 2006 2:27AM GMT
Surnames: ORMSBY, MYERS
John, I have heard from a family member that the grave marker of Levi Ormsby is missing or maybe they are not looking in the right place. Did you actually see it? I'd like to know as I would like to take a photo of it if it's there.

Posted: 5 Apr 2006 3:21AM GMT
All I know is his grave location in the cemetary is listed as 61B, I have not been out to the cemetary yet.

Posted: 24 Feb 2007 5:49AM GMT
The name is Nordhoff Cemetery, at the corner of Cuyama Rd. and Del Norte Rd. You'll have to call the City of Ojai. Google Ojai Valley Directory for numbers. A lot of graves have lost their markings through the years since 1870. I know a few people buried there. I used to know an Ormsby in Ojai. He or his family were originally from Arkansas, where he now lives. Good luck. lodgepan@yahoo.com

Posted: 19 May 2007 10:29PM GMT
Surnames: Ormsby, Hughes, Hale, Smith, Dwyer, Tolen, Eads, Burge, Farley, Ferguson, Jung, Good, MacRohon, MARQUAND, Marshall, Mellon, Mong, O'Connor, Schmitt, Carroll, Sullivan, Tschopp, Tull, Crawford, Bargahiser, Bargaheiser, Lemberger, Rawley, White
Hi, go to www.ormsby.org for info on your branch of the Ormsbys.

Char O.
Merritt Island Fl
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions