I am looking for the burial place of
Lillian M (Lillie) Musser Walker
widow of Jesse Stephen Walker
born 13 Jun 1869 in Illinois
died 21 Sep 1945 Seattle, Washington
buried 24 Sep 1945 Evergreen Park

Her funeral notice:
25 Sep 1945 Seattle Post-Intelligencer Page 16
WALKER, LILLIE MAY, at 472 12th NE Sept. 21, beloved sister of Mrs. Daisy Sutherland and Mrs Vera Kelly of Portland. Service today, Tues., at 3 p.m. Forkner Chapel, Interment Evergreen Park.

We checked with the Evergreen-Washelli office and they stated that they have no record of her burial.

Does anyone have a thought about what to do next or where to look next?

Any help will be much appreciated - Ann

Re: Forkner Chapel, Interment 1945 Evergreen Park

Posted: 27 Oct 2009 2:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Do you have the death certificate? It usually shows who buried them and where. This would verify if the information is correct. I had someone who was buried in 1930 in MN that they could not find. I sent them a copy of the death certificate and they then some how found him.

Posted: 13 Mar 2011 4:13AM GMT
Always go to both the chapel and the place of interment!!! You will get different family information from each. The funeral home may have a different place of interment. remember always try to verify any information with two sources. I have also run into this and had to go back to the pastor to find out where to go. good luck

Posted: 18 Jul 2011 5:09PM GMT
For me the question is: Where or what is Forkner Chapel? My great aunt's obit simply says, "Services Wednesday 3 P M Forkners Chapel.

Posted: 19 Jul 2011 2:20AM GMT
This post was deleted by the author on 4 Nov 2011 8:00PM GMT

Posted: 19 Jul 2011 2:30AM GMT
Is it still in existence? If so, Where is it located?

Posted: 24 Oct 2011 9:51PM GMT
Maybe she was cremated and is in the Mausoleum.

Posted: 7 Jun 2012 8:18PM GMT
Turns out that the lady at the Evergreen-Washelli office gave out wrong information. I now have the location of the grave and a photo of the headstone.

Moral of the story ~ If you don't get the answer you are looking for keep asking, an answer will arrive in time.

Posted: 7 Jun 2012 11:09PM GMT
I'm glad you found the information that you sought.

Posted: 22 Jul 2012 6:46AM GMT
Original thread topic was disposed of to everyone's satisfaction, but yours wasn't. Forkner was one of several funeral homes gobbled up by Acacia in the late 1940s/early 1950s. For many years they styled themselves as "Acacia, Forkner and Home" but have now changed their name. As to where the chapel was physically located, hit the Seattle city directories on the 10th floor of the Seattle Public Library (Seattle Room) or at any of our other local libraries. Is there a genealogy angel out there with access?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions