Search for content in message boards

Byrd's in civil war

Byrd's in civil war

Posted: 19 Jun 2004 6:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Sep 2006 5:39PM GMT
Would like to swap info with anyone who may have info on any Byrds that fought for the south from La., Ms., Al., or Tx.
Thanks, Bob Williams

Re: Byrd's in civil war

estee (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jul 2004 7:09PM GMT
In my never ending search regarding my Byrd family, I came across a msg regarding two Civil War veterans/killed in action. This was a letter supporting the wives' rights to a pension. One is a Joseph R. Byrd 42 Regiment, Alabama. Supposedly kia at Chickamauga. Hope it helps. I am posting the URL.

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec?htx=message&=an&p=...

Posted: 25 Aug 2004 4:39AM GMT
I have info on ezra byrd and abraham byrd in civil war.Abraham byrd was one of the oldest living veterans
of civil war.My phone number is 281-787-6334

Posted: 4 May 2005 5:58AM GMT
i thin k i have an uncle his name was bobby byrd he did something with the airforce i think

Posted: 4 May 2005 6:57PM GMT
there was no air force during the American civil war.

Tonya (View posts)
Posted: 5 May 2005 1:36AM GMT
You know I am so sorry. I wasn't even thinking. I saw the name Bobby and I don't know I was just like oh hey maybe my family. I am so sorry/

Posted: 5 May 2005 3:45AM GMT
Tonya,
I actually found it rather amusing. And to be 100% historically correct, they did use hot air ballons to oversee battles being fought, so I guess you could say there was somewhat of an "air-force" .
Thanks
Bob Williams

Tonya (View posts)
Posted: 5 May 2005 6:37AM GMT
Glad you thought it was funny:). See i kinda knew what i was talking about:). I just get lost sometimes in my own thoughts. My uncle Bobby was in a war i think but not the civil war so i just jumped i dont always think:) any other time you need a laugh just look me up:) Take care:0

Posted: 26 Aug 2005 5:19AM GMT
My Greatfather Jesse W. Byrd fought in civil war, lost arm. He was born in tn , June 19,1831. Family moved from Missouri to Eastland co., TX in 1898. He buried in Flatwood metry just 6miles south of Eastland . Died Dec 15, 1905.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions