Search for content in message boards

Woudt Family - Wormerveer, Zaanstad

Woudt Family - Wormerveer, Zaanstad

Posted: 21 Aug 2012 11:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Aug 2012 2:06PM GMT
Surnames: Woudt Bethlem
I am researching my family tree. My great grandmother was Alida Woudt born in Wormerveer in 1899. She came to the USA (Chicago) in 1907 with her family. Her parents were Klaas Nicholas Woudt born 1863 and Antje Bethlem born 1861. Her siblings were Jobco, Anna, Cornelius and Nellie.

If anyone is also researching this family, I would love to hear from you.
-Tina

Re: Woudt Family - Wormerveer, Zaanstad

Posted: 22 Aug 2012 8:56AM GMT
Hallo Tina,

I am not researching the family you mentioned, but if you have questions about this family, I might be able to help you. My family (surname Kan) lived in the Zaan area for 300 years and I often visit the Zaanstad archives in Koog aan de Zaan.
Antjes surname was was 'Bethlem' in stead of 'Bethlam'. Go to www.genlias.nl (choose the English version and you will find her marriage with Klaas.
I was born in Krommenie, which is a village north of Wormerveer and the familynames you mentioned sound very familiar to me.
If you have more questions mail me: nicokan@hetnet.nl

Regards

Nico Kan

Posted: 22 Aug 2012 2:14PM GMT
Nico,
Thank you very much! I have been searching the database and have found many of my ancestors :) I am also researching Prins, my great grandfather was Jacob Prins born in Oudkarspel and he married Alida Woudt. I am able to find marriages and deaths in the database you recommended and that is great. Are there any census records or birth records that are searchable online for Noord-Holland?
Thanks again,
Tina

Posted: 22 Aug 2012 2:49PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Tina.
All the birth, marriage and death records of The Netherlands are filmed by familysearch and most of them are currently online. An index (in dutch) is on http://www.genver.nl

Our censuses, named bevolkingsregister (population registry) are kept locally. This register is kept uptodate so changes in families and moves can be followed till 1939. Some places have indexed and digitized them.
Look on http://www.geneaknowhow.net/ (in dutch and english)to see what is available online/

Posted: 22 Aug 2012 6:53PM GMT
Hallo Tina

Is jacob Prins a son of Abraham Prins and Jannetje van de Veer, born on the 18th of March 1887?

Nico

Posted: 22 Aug 2012 9:39PM GMT
Nico,
Yes, it is Jacob Prins a son of Abraham Prins and Jannetje van de Veer, born on the 18th of March 1887 except that I have it listed as van der Neer not Veer.
Tina

Posted: 22 Aug 2012 9:40PM GMT
Thank you very much for the additional records links!

Posted: 22 Aug 2012 10:00PM GMT
Hallo Tina

Go to: http://www.archiefalkmaar.nl/ (there is a sign for "English", but that only gives general information
choose: genealogie
than: zoeken op naam (namesearch)
than: click uitgebreide zoekopties (extended searchoptions)
type at achternaam (surname): Prins
type at voornaam (firstname): Jacob
than, bit further down; at plaats(town), choose: Oudkarspel
than, at the bottom, click start zoeken (start search)
and if everything goes as it should be you will find Jacob Prins
Than click on "Prins", and a window opens
left you see "inzien van de akte"
click on these words and you see two pages of the original birthbook of Oudkarspel. At the bottom of the right page, you see the birthcertificate of your Jacob Prins.
If it does not work, mail me and we can see how we can work it out. There is a possibility that you have to sign in.

Regards

Nico

Posted: 22 Aug 2012 10:52PM GMT
Nico,
Thank you so very much for your help today! I found Jacob and then I searched for his brother and found him too! That is very helpful! Again, thank you for sharing this with me :)
Many thanks - Tina
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions