Search for content in message boards

Halcombs of Line Fork Kentucky

Halcombs of Line Fork Kentucky

Posted: 18 Feb 2009 12:38AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Holcomb, Hairrell
I'm looking for anyone with info about Freda Mae Harroll buried in Hurricane Gap Cemetery (is this the same as the Old John Halcomb Cemetery?) I beleive her father and other family memebers are buried there also. Her death certificate lists her as born on Dec 19, 1923 in Line Fork daughter of A. B. (Alex Barclay?)Halcomb and Nirva Eldridge. She died on June 10, 1942. From records I believe her to be the wife of my great uncle Ruffis Harrell. And the baby buried there "James Evert Harroll" is their son. Cemetery listing spells the name "Harroll" and death record for both spell it "Harell" as well as James middle name being Edward and his date of death as Oct 19, 1942 not 1943. Ruffis was several years older - 32 at the time of her death and I don't beleive this to be his first marriage. Would like to know if this was Freda's first child or if there were possible older siblings as well as the date Ruffis and Freda married. Any info would be appreciated.

Re: Halcombs of Line Fork Kentucky

Posted: 18 Feb 2009 2:02AM GMT
Surnames: Halcomb, Harroll
I have Frieda Mae as the daughter of Arthur Blaine & Minervia (Nirva) Eldridge and married to Rufus Harrell Please Contact me I can probably Help more

Posted: 18 Feb 2009 2:09AM GMT
Surnames: Halcomb , Harroll
Please contact me at

dwhalcomb@bex.net
I can Help you or put you in contact with some one who can

Posted: 1 Sep 2009 1:51AM GMT
Freida was my grandpaws sister i believe. The A. B. stands for Arthur B. Ask away any questions you have I can ask my family more. robinoflocksley05@gmail.com

Posted: 1 Sep 2009 5:31PM GMT
Surnames: Harrell, Halcomb
Does your family have a picture of Freida Mae and/or her son they would be wlling to share? We would also like to know if Rufus kept his son after Freida died or if some of her people took care of him. Rufus worked in the mines so, he would have had to have some help. Somewhere around this time his parents and the rest of his siblings moved to Corbin, so not sure if they were able to help with the baby.
Would also like date and place of their marriage and if there was an obit/funeral notice printed for Freida and the baby. If you want info about Rufus for your records I will gladly share.
Thanks,
Gail

Posted: 1 Sep 2009 7:18PM GMT
I doubt there are any pictures, there are very few of them at all, but I will ask. The son you are asking about who took care of him, do you mean the baby Freida had or was this a previous one, for some reason I think that the son Freida had died with her during the birth. Date and place of marriage and the obit notice I'm sure isn't around anywhere I can get ahold of. Keep an eye on this page and I will ask the fam and share all I can find out, just check back in a week or so. And as for the information on Rufus, I would be happy to have it, as well as any info you might already have on Freida.

Posted: 2 Sep 2009 1:17PM GMT
Surnames: Harrell, Halcomb
I am referring to the child born just before she died - am assuming this to be her first and only one because she was only 18. I found death certificates for both Freida and her son James. He was born May 28, 1942 and Freida died June 10, 1942. So she didn't die during childbirth, but shortly after do to complications (I assume). James lived to be 4 months and 21 days old - date of death is listed as Oct 19, 1942. Both are signed by my great uncle Rufus Harrell. I have found them listed as being buried in Hurricane Gap Cemetery in Letcher County. Would you like me to send copies of both certificates to your email address?
For your records - Rufus parents were Alvis Hairrell and Eliza Ellen Barnes. There are also family ties to Youngs, Mowl(Mowell), and Warf in the area.
Gail

Posted: 3 Sep 2009 1:25AM GMT
Yes I would love that! robinoflocksley05@gmail.com
Thank you!

Posted: 3 Sep 2009 5:38PM GMT
I sent them - please let me know when you receive them. I will share anymore info I come across. Please keep me posted if your family has any more info about either Freida or her baby. I would like to find a marriage record for Rufus and Freida and a birth record for James. Still wondering who took care of him after she passed away.
Gail

Posted: 5 May 2013 1:55AM GMT
I am looking for Henry Halcomb's parents. He lived in Fork of Beaver Ky, with his wife Martha Medlin Gayhart from 1892- to 1905. Martha was born in 1860. I am not sure of Henry's birth date. Is he in your family?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic