Search for content in message boards

MARTHA S. GAY b. Jan.1868 MO d. aft 1910 OK. Married JAMES FRANK CURTIS

MARTHA S. GAY b. Jan.1868 MO d. aft 1910 OK. Married JAMES FRANK CURTIS

Posted: 5 Sep 2010 9:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gay, Curtis
Looking for the family of my Grandmother Lula Belle Curtis b.Mar.1896 Smith Co., KS. Her mother my GREAT Grandmother was MARTHA S. GAY b. Jan. 1868 MO. - d. aft.1910 OK and her father James "Frank" Curtis b. Aug. 1871, Smith Co., KS. died Dec 13, 1958 Copan, OK.
Just recently learned her maiden name was GAY and am looking for any additional info. I have her wedd

Re: MARTHA S. GAY b. Jan.1868 MO d. aft 1910 OK. Married JAMES FRANK CURTIS

Posted: 13 Jul 2013 8:11PM GMT
Surnames: Gay, Riley, Branham, McBride
Grasping for straws but -Saw that you had a Gr Grandmother named Martha S. Gay born 1868 in Mo. and we have a Gr,Gr Grandfather, W J Gay b. 1858 Mo. with no luck in finding his mother father, siblings, or other family. He died in Kansas 13 Jan. 1894.

Your Gr Grandmother was the only one even close out of hundreds of names and we thought maybe?

thanks, Connie and Dick Volkman

Posted: 14 Jul 2013 5:11AM GMT
Surnames: Gay
I have a William J. Gay in our tree who was born in Missouri abt 1868. I have no information on whom he married or his descendants. In 1870 he was living in Cooper County, MO, Moniteau Twp. in the home of his parents Thomas C. and Mary J. Gay. In 1880 he was living in the home of his brother-in-law Joshua Yarnell in Moniteau County, MO. Could this be your guy?

Posted: 17 Jul 2013 8:29PM GMT
Surnames: Gay, Riley, Brazell, Brazzell, McBride, Penny
I wish he was my guy but my W J Gay was married in 1874 to Elizabeth Jane Riley, Worth , Missouri and by 1880 they were living in Blue Rapids Co., Kansas where he was listed as a stone mason (census).

Thanks for your reply.

Posted: 18 Jul 2013 3:04AM GMT
Surnames: Gay, Curtis
Hi, I have been trying to use what you posted with what little I know to see if we connect.
Martha S. Curtis is in the 1900 listed her birth as Jan 1868 Missouri, She lists her father as having been born in Ohio and her mother Missouri. I cousin I have never met said they had seen her surname written on something as Gay. He was looking for it to email but not yet. She died when her oldest daughter Lula Belle Curtis was about 13. She had 2 brothers and a sister. Her father James Frank Curtis then married Elizabeth "Lizzy" Arnold and had a large family. I have pictures of james Frank and his daughter Lula Belle Curtis. But Lula Belle and her husband Robert A. Powell divorced around 1930. Mom and my Aunt lived with their father and his mother and her second family for several years. The girls lived with her for 2 or 3 years before her death at 36. So first hand info I am lacking!! I have been checking Ancestry for a Martha S. Gay born Jan 1868 MO with no luck. But there are a couple of Martha Gay's born about that time in Ark. So am wondering if she was correct.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic