Search for content in message boards

Wusaty/Wasaty Family

Wusaty/Wasaty Family

Greg Wusaty (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jan 2003 6:54AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wusaty/Wasaty
I'm having the hardest time finding anything out about my family. I can't even find the name in any of the lists. Could someone give me a hand, it would very much be appreciated.

Re: Wusaty/Wasaty Family

mighthelp (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jan 2003 8:44AM GMT
Wusaty means "mustached" or "w/whiskers" in Ukrainian. Wasaty is just a poor transliteration of wusaty.

Some Wusaty's hailed from Czarist Russia, others from Austria>Austro Hungarian Empire. In many cases these places are part of Ukraine today, so stay flexible.
"One Step" Ellis Island Search Results
http://www.goulnik.com/eidb/match1.php?LNM=wusaty&CGD=M&...

Try running the surname here. For widest search do not use given names.
http://resources.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/metasearch

What is your family oral history? When did ancestor Wusaty immigrate and where did he settle upon immigration?

Greg Wusaty (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jan 2003 9:55AM GMT
It is believed the we came to Canada in 1911. It is also believed that we came from the town of Radziechow, near Tarnapol, Poland. But beyond that I don't know much. What port we came into, whether we went through the US first. The family didn't keep any kinds of papers at all, and were very tight liped about our history, and the ones that knew it have all passed on. My great grandfather, Thomas Wusaty, is believed to have made several trips to Canada and/or the US before bringing the rest of the family. Land was granted to him and Maxim Marko in 1918 by the federal government.

Thanks for all your help, I found some interesting stuff, but now how do I go about connecting it all?

Greg Wusaty (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jan 2003 9:57AM GMT
It is believed the we came to Canada in 1911. It is also believed that we came from the town of Radziechow, near Tarnapol, Poland. But beyond that I don't know much. What port we came into, whether we went through the US first. The family didn't keep any kinds of papers at all, and were very tight liped about our history, and the ones that knew it have all passed on. My great grandfather, Thomas Wusaty, is believed to have made several trips to Canada and/or the US before bringing the rest of the family. Land was granted to him and Maxim Marko in 1918 by the federal government.

Thanks for all your help, I found some interesting stuff, but now how do I go about connecting it all?

Ron (View posts)
Posted: 28 Mar 2003 6:16PM GMT
Greg have you tried to contact the Wusaty family in Libau Manitoba . There is also a lot of Marko's living in the area.

Hope this helps you out a little

Greg (View posts)
Posted: 28 Mar 2003 9:56PM GMT
Thanks Ron,

That's actually where my parents are from, and there and very few Wusatys living out there anymore. Thanks for posting your reply though!!

Posted: 26 Oct 2012 12:13AM GMT
Edited: 26 Oct 2012 1:21AM GMT
My name is Sharon and my maiden name is Marko. My great Grandfather was Maxim Marko and he was married Pearl Wusaty.
Our family lived in Poplar Park, near Libau Manitoba. Harry Wusaty was my Godfather. Since it has been some time since your post, I'm not sure how far your search has come. In 1984 the RM of St. Clements published a book for it's centennial. In this book you will find a small family biography that might help you with more information.

Posted: 2 Dec 2013 7:40PM GMT
Surnames: Kolba Wusaty
Hi Greg,
You can get a hold of me at mjkolba1975@yahoo.ca

My grandfather's name was Mykyta Kolba - he lived in Winnipeg, He migrated to Canada in 1927 and passed away in 1984.

My mother just recently found a register that was compiled at his funeral. People that came signed their names, put where they were from.

This is what is in the register of relevance to the Wusaty family from Libau:

Lena Wusaty, Libau, Mb. (cousin)
Helen Yakimin, Winnipeg, (cousin)
Stephanie Makichuk, Winnipeg (cousin)
Julian and Verna Wusaty, Libau, Mb. (cousin)
Stephie Yaworski
Jack(??) and Joyce Bruneau

If anything here looks familiar you can email me. I have no idea how they might have been related to the Kolba family.

Mike Kolba
Surrey, BC Canada
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions