Search for content in message boards

MALEY, MAILEY, HEFFLEY

MALEY, MAILEY, HEFFLEY

Robert L. Maley (View posts)
Posted: 28 Apr 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Biography
JOHN H. MAILEY, postmaster at Northumberland, Northumberland County, was born Feb 6, 1861, at West Fairview, Cumberland Co., Pa., son of William Mailey and grandson of Peter Mailey. The latter was a resident of Harrisburg, Pa, where he died at the advanced age of eighty-five years (see note below). Among his children were John, Eli, William and Annie.

William Mailey, father of John H. Mailey, was born in 1830, and died in October, 1867, in Harrisburg. He learned the trade of iron worker which he followed all his light. His wife, Elizabeth (Heffley), daughter of Leonard HEFFLEY, still survives him and makes her home in Harrisburg. They were the parents of the following children: Abner, Amos, David, John H., Emory and George B.

Genealogical and Biographical Annals of Northumberland County, PA. 1911

Note: Peter was actually 78 when he died. Also, all of Peter's children except William, spelled the name MALEY.

MALEY

Robert L. Maley (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jun 1998 12:00PM GMT
Todd,

The MALEY, MAILEY names I research are of Irish origin. While searching the name I came across some instances of German origins as well. In Lancaster County, MEILI was one of the 3 Swiss Mennonite families who arrived in the very early 1700's. There I found the name spelled MAYLEY, MYLIN and other various spellings.

What year did your ancestor arrive and what was his name?

MAIHLE

Todd Maihle (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jun 1998 12:00PM GMT
I am looking for all occurances of the MAIHLE name. I only have one reference of a Maihle coming from Germany into Baltimore MD USA. I am thinking maybe there was a name changed by a spelling mistake. I can't find any Maihle on the Net. Any help would be appreciated.

Hibshman Surname

Sharon Menk (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hibschman, Hibshman, Huebschman, Hubshman
I have been researching the family name Hibshman for over 3years. I am at a stand still on finding anything about Johannn Gerhardt(Gebhard)Huebschman since migrating here in 1732. He was born 1713 in Switzerland from links I have found. Returned in 1737 for his Wife, Anna Elisabeth and sailed from Rotterdam on the ship, St.Andrew Galley on September 26, 1737. I would appreciate information as to where he acturally came from,village etc. and names of his parents or any other history. He is my Husband's 5th Grt.Grandfather. I know he settled in Lancaster,Cty.Pa. and I have the names of all of his children etc. His son Wendel (Born abt.1739/1740) built a home in Ephrata,Pa. which stands to this day & I have visited. He married Hanna Heffley But the missing link of Johann's existence before his life here is such a mystery. Thankyou for your help. Will enjoy hearing from you and sharing what I do have if needed. Thanks Sharon

Sirname Hubshman

Bob Hubshman (View posts)
Posted: 26 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
I have been trying to research the name Hubshman for 5 years and still don't know the origin of my name or where my family migrated to the United States from. This is the first time i've seen these differant variations of Hubshman. Thanks for the tip.It's more than I have been able to find out in 5 years.

our family

richard Huebschman (View posts)
Posted: 12 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Huebschman
My family has lived in the state of Maryland for3 generations. Family tradition says our people came from the Schwartzwald(Black Forest) and we settled in the Baltimore area. My grandfather worked in a foundry. His name was George Huebschman and married Mary Hughes. We have heard that one branch of the family settled in Dauphin County, Pa but I haven't been able to make that connection. Hope someone out there can help. I some history and photos to share.

Hibschman Family

John R. Watson (View posts)
Posted: 11 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hibschman, Lindsey, Shonk, Hendrix
I am looking for any information on George B. Hibschman b: 1864 d: 1936 married Flora E. Lindsey. Son Siebert Lindsey Hibschman b: Aug. 17,1890 d: 1950 married Lessie M. Shonk b: Sept. 18, 1898 d: Fed 18, 1966. Sister Lena P. Hibschman b: 1893 d: 1955. Any HELP I would be very thankful. Contact jwatson@worthlink,net

Re: MALEY

Bill Bailey (View posts)
Posted: 16 Apr 2002 12:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Meili, Miller, Cassel, Hess
Robert....

I am looking for information on the family of Johann Meili and a Joan Cassel whose daughter Anna Maria married a Henry or John Miller... Appreciate any information on these Meili families you can give us...
Descendants of Johann Jacob Meily
1 Johann Jacob Meily b: Bet. 1680 - 1716 in Pennsylvania ?
.....+Joan "Ann" Cassell,m: Bet. 1725 - 1730
........2 Ann Maria Meily,b: Abt. 1730 in Pennsylvania,d: Bef.
............October 15, 1792 in Pennsylvania
.............+John Heinrich "Henry" Miller, Sr.,b: Abt. 1735 in
................Jonestown or Swarta, Bethel Township, Lebanon,
................Pennsylvania,d: Abt. December 1792 in Haines
.................Township, Northumberland County, Pennsylvania
.................m: Abt. 1750 in Jonestown or Swarta, Bethel
.................Township, Lebanon, Pennsylvania, Father: Jacob
..................Miller

Re: our family

Patrick (View posts)
Posted: 7 Apr 2003 8:14PM GMT
Iam researching the Huebschman family for a friend and possibly a relative of yours. George married Mary Hughes. One of George's sisters, Catherine married a Grim (Greim). I have the whole generation names and dates. I live in Baltimore. Please contact me directly with the e-mail

Re: MALEY

Posted: 18 Mar 2005 1:33AM GMT
Edited: 1 Apr 2005 2:05AM GMT
Surnames: Miley/Mayley/Myly
I am looking for the family of a Benjamin Miley/Mayley/Myly born in 1824 in PA. All I know is that his parents were from Pennsylvania. He came to Indiana and married a Sarah Cornell in 1853. Can you help with this mystery.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions