Search for content in message boards

Webb Surname

Webb Surname

Posted: 9 Jan 2006 10:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Jan 2006 1:49AM GMT
Surnames: Webb-Coker
I was hoping that someone might be able able to help with my search of ggrandparents. His name was James Andrew Webb, born 12-29-1857/death 11-11-1890 and his wife, Sarah Jane Coker, born 2-17-1862/death 4-5-1890. I have tried contacting the Grant parish library, but they tell me they have no one to do any research. I live in Houston and hope someone could help with my search. I have not been able to find James in the census. I did however was able to find Sarah in the 1870 census at age 8 with her parents in Grant parish. She married James on 11-17-1877. Not sure if they stayed in Grant parish, as the childern all mostly lived in Rapides parish as they got older. Sarah & James were both very young at the time of their deaths, but no one in the family knows what happen to them. At the time of their deaths there were 5 children, ages 11years & 6-12 months. A aunt says she had heard as a child that Sarah had died in a auto accident. One of the 1st autos back then. Not sure how James died, but it was only 8 months apart that both parents were gone. The childrens names were Louis Edward, John Everett, James Early, Seabie, Lucy Virginia & Sally(Sarah). I did locate James Early & Sarah with Sarah Jane's mother in the census in 1900.Sarah Jane's mother was Nancy Coker Lilley. I am not sure if the other children died with their mother in the auto accident. The only ones that I have located in the census are Louis(my ggrandfather), James Early & Sally(Sarah). If anyone can help with this it would be wonderful. Thanks so much for your time. Kellie Bernard

Re: Webb Surname

Posted: 5 Sep 2011 5:31PM GMT
Sarah Jane Coker Webb’'s death notice appeared in The Alexandria Weekly Town Talk on Saturday 04/19/1890, page 3, column 7.

Died:
Webb – At Poland, Rapides Parish, La. on Wednesday April 5th, 1890 Mrs Sarah Webb, age 27 years………………………….

I believe she died of burns when her clothe caught on fire while washing.

James also died at Poland in Rapides Parish. I believe he died from pneumonia.

James Early is buried in Cheneyville as is his wife, Ida Beavers Webb. Look them up on Findagrave.com.

Sallie Sarah Webb is buried in Lake Charles with her second husband, Franklin Arthur Lancaster. Look them up on Findagrave.com also.

I do not have any information on the other children at this time.

I am Danny L Johnson. My mother was Mavis Elaine Webb and married Dallas L Johnson.

I hope this helps a little.

Posted: 5 Sep 2011 11:09PM GMT
Please email me @ Kellie460@aol.com or you may call 832-451-7929 and give me a phone # that I may call and I will pay for the call. You are in the family tree that I have been trying to work on and I would love to talk to you. Your mother was my grandfather's sister. And if I am right, you had a brother Denny that was killed in action in Vietnam. Please email me or provide a # that I may call. Thank you for answering on this board. I started this tree in 2004 and have not been able to get that much information on my family. I was told that Sarah Jane died in an accident concerning the early auto's.I have only been able to find three of the six children between James and Sarah Jane. I really would like to talk to you. I have the next two days off. Tuesday 9/6 and Wed 9/7/2011. Thanks again you have made my day

Posted: 5 Sep 2011 11:09PM GMT
Please email me @ Kellie460@aol.com or you may call 832-451-7929 and give me a phone # that I may call and I will pay for the call. You are in the family tree that I have been trying to work on and I would love to talk to you. Your mother was my grandfather's sister. And if I am right, you had a brother Denny that was killed in action in Vietnam. Please email me or provide a # that I may call. Thank you for answering on this board. I started this tree in 2004 and have not been able to get that much information on my family. I was told that Sarah Jane died in an accident concerning the early auto's.I have only been able to find three of the six children between James and Sarah Jane. I really would like to talk to you. I have the next two days off. Tuesday 9/6 and Wed 9/7/2011. Thanks again you have made my day
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions