Search for content in message boards

Woodwards/Spooner,Minong,Trego

Woodwards/Spooner,Minong,Trego

Posted: 9 Aug 2001 1:16AM GMT
Edited: 19 Dec 2004 1:24AM GMT
Looking for any info on Woodwards Washburn County. My Gfather Edward,w.Tinney, children Fred,Grace, Maude,Manley, Thanks, Nancy

Re: Woodwards/Spooner,Minong,Trego

Posted: 11 Aug 2001 5:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Jan 2004 1:10PM GMT
Surnames: WOODWARD, ANACKER
Hi Nancy,

I was able to go to the courthouse this week and look up some information that I hope will be of help to you. Did you know there were two Edward Woodwards living in Washburn County? The other one was born in NY and was married to an Emma Rumsey. If you need any information on this family, please let me know.

I was only able to find one birth record for a child of your Edward, that being for Manley Ed. (on his record the name 'Manley' was crossed out, but the 'Ed.' remained). He was born on 8 Jan 1899 at Spooner. His parents being Edward, a farmer, born in Minnesota and Teney (Linney was first written and later crossed out and changed to Teney) Anacker, who was born in Albany NY. Siblings to Manley Ed. were Fred, Grace, and Maud, as you mentioned in your message.

I tried to find records for Fred, Grace and Maud, but did not have any luck. I did find a mention of "Chester" and Maude, children of Ed Woodward, going to school at Tadpole Corners School west of Trego in 1900. This was found in the book "Historical Collections of Washburn County and the Surrounding Indianhead Country, Vol. 2" on page 449, and was written by Leola Buchman who was the teacher for that school.

Unfortunately, that is all I could find. Wish I could have done better for you. I hope this will add a little to your research. Good luck and let me know if you want that other information.

Nance

Re: Woodwards/Spooner,Minong,Trego

Posted: 23 Sep 2001 2:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Dec 2004 1:24AM GMT
Nance, thanks for your time and efforts on Edward Woodward, the listed child Manley was my father. And in his last years he ended up by buying a small farm around Trego so he eventually returned to his "roots". His parents are a mystery and I am searching for their names. Thanks to people like you I am very slowly putting a little together. Nancy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions