Search for content in message boards

John Andrew Berry - request a lookup please

John Andrew Berry - request a lookup please

Posted: 5 Aug 2012 5:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am trying to locate some information about John Andrew Berry, my great grandfather. His death certificate indicates that he was born in Ahus, Sweden July 25th, 1843. The family bible shows that he arrived in Amerika on May 29th, 1869. Can you locate any information about him in Sweden or his immigration to the US? Im assuming he traveled through Hull and Liverpool but I have not been able to locate any records.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
John

Re: John Andrew Berry - request a lookup please

Posted: 5 Aug 2012 7:46PM GMT
It could be this man?
From the CD Emibas, where 755 of those who left Sweden for another countyr are registred

Berg, Johan
Dräng (ogift man)(unmarried man)

f. 25/7 1843 i Åhus, Kristianstads län (Skåne)

Utvandrad 23/4 1869
från Nr.2 Tosteberga, Trolle-Ljungby, Kristianstads län (Skåne)
till Amerika

Källa: Husförhörslängd, s. 311

Emibas emigrationsakt: Trolle-Ljungby L 1869 068

In that case the father was Johan Anders Berg born in Åhus 12/04/1818, died in Trolle-Ljungby parish 06/08/1869
mother Lusse Andersdotter born 10/04/1817 in Viby parish, died in Gualöv parish 12/27/1879.

Posted: 6 Aug 2012 12:22AM GMT
I think you've found the right person! All the data matches with our records. Thank you very much for your help. Does the database show which port he would have arrived at in America? We have been trying to locate him in Sweden for years.

Thanks again,
John

Posted: 10 Aug 2012 12:30PM GMT
Would it be possible to determine the ship name and his port of arrival into the US?

Thank you,
John
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions