Search for content in message boards

History BookCorner.com Andrew Kaufman???

History BookCorner.com Andrew Kaufman???

Posted: 21 Feb 2013 4:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kaufman
Does anyone know what this is and why I keep getting emails from an Andrew Kaufman about all the books he can send me on my family names. I didnt sign up for this site and it is using ancestry.com as a way of trying to get me to sign up for it. I want this to stop any idea how to make them stop. I have sent them several emails over the past couple of days and they still keep coming about 4 or so times a day.

Sue

Re: History BookCorner.com Andrew Kaufman???

Posted: 22 Feb 2013 5:27AM GMT
If Andrew Kaufman has posted spam on these message boards, you can report the abuse. If he's just trolling for surnames, I'm not sure there's much you can do except perhaps report him to the Better Business Bureau or something. You can try reporting him to Ancestry since that's how you seem to have been targeted.

Posted: 22 Feb 2013 5:48AM GMT
Surnames: Kaufman
I dont know if its considered spam or not. He just tells me that he saw my query on Ancestry on my surnames and then mentions books that I guess they carry at this History Book corner and suggests I check them out. Since most of the books he mentions I already know that my family is not included in them I dont need the emails and would prefer to do my own looking. Would you consider this spam or just a pain to deal with.? I have not recieved any from him today, So maybe my emails to him finally got thru and they took note of it. Sometimes you just dont know what to do.

Thanks for answering.
Sue

Posted: 4 Mar 2013 10:32PM GMT
Messages from "Andrew Kaufman" are SPAM. He is trying to sell subscriptions to a book center.......
I have sent a copy of his email to abuse@rootsweb.com

Posted: 4 Mar 2013 10:45PM GMT
Surnames: emails
Thanks soon after i posted this he quit sending me those emails. I dont know if I finally got thru to him or someone else did, but I have not had any so far since the day after I posted this.

Sue

Re: History BookCorner.com Andrew Kaufman - I signed up for subscription but no access given

Posted: 22 Feb 2014 6:22PM GMT
I wish I had read this thread first. 3 days ago I signed up for subscription and my credit card charge went through, but I can't get access to the books to download. I sent two emails and have not gotten a reply.

I have been searching for a vendor to do what Quintin Publications did. I loved them but they have gone out of business.

Posted: 23 Mar 2014 9:24PM GMT
He must be trolling the ancestry site I just got an email from him also seemed a bit strange as it came to my personal email. I will be forwarding it to the abuse site as advised on one of the replies. I looked into the shop also, but did not sign up.
Cheers Maddie

Posted: 23 Mar 2014 10:10PM GMT
Surnames: rotten emails
I did all of that and still get his emails every once in awhile. good luck on getting him to stop also.

Sue

Posted: 7 Dec 2014 3:59PM GMT
Andrew Kaufman [historica.bibliotheca@gmail.com]
did you ever get reply for Ancestry on how he gets our person email ?
I going to block his emails

Posted: 10 Dec 2014 3:32PM GMT
Surnames: kaufman
No I think he just trolls the boards and gets the ones he can and goes from there. thats what i had to do was just block him I treated him as spam and then blocked him for good. so unless he comes up with a new email address to come thru hopefully he wont bother me again.

Merry Christmas

Sue
per page

Find a board about a specific topic