Search for content in message boards

Van Den Broek

Van Den Broek

Posted: 11 Mar 2013 2:39AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Van Den Broek, Koreman
I am searching for information on my husbands family - Van Den Broek and also Koreman. We have very limited information to go on and would appreciate any leads.

Re: Van Den Broek

Posted: 11 Mar 2013 7:57AM GMT
Even very limited information can give a lead.... Surely you have more than just 2 last names!

Kind regards,
Marianne

Posted: 11 Mar 2013 10:33AM GMT
Thank you for your reply. Up until the last 6 hours we literally only had Van Den Broek & Koreman. We have now 2 others - Toun & Willemse. No or extremely limited details have been left with photos & verbally we had been consistently told there is no other family. Great desk of searching ahead if us!

Posted: 11 Mar 2013 11:34AM GMT
Surnames: van den Broek
To help with research we need first names and ages. Is your husband born in the Netherlands? In which year and in which place is he born? What is/are his first name(s)? Does he know the first name(s) of his father? When was his father born?

Posted: 11 Mar 2013 8:34PM GMT
Surnames: Van Den Broek, Koreman, Willemse, De Vrij, Thiele
Thank you for the reply.

My husband was not born in the Netherlands. Mike's parents emigrated to Australia in 1958. My husband & his brother grew up with the knowledge that they did not have relatives beyond their grandparents and that his grandparent did not have any siblings, just as their parents were. However, we have already worked out their maternal grandfather had at least 6 brothers & sisters!

There are some photo albums however information on the people in the photos does not exist.

The information we have at this time is:

Father: Gerard Van Den Broek B 05 FEB 1932 Amsterdam D 02JUN 1993
Grandfather: Gerard Willem Van Den Broek B 03 OCT 1898 Leiden D?
Grandmother: Elisabeth De Vrij B? D?

Mother: Antonia Maria Koreman B 15 DEC 1935 Den Helder D 11 FEB 2013
Grandfather: Theodor Franz Koreman B 08 Jul 1900
Grandmother: Jocomina Willemse B 20 Dec 1902
Great Grandfather: Adrianus Franciscus Koreman B 31 Aug 1859 Oosterhout
Great Grandmother: Antonia Thiele B ? D ?

We started a family tree on Ancestry.com.au and have reached a point where we are unable to find information beyond Mike's great grandparents.

We would appreciate any guidance or advice you can provide.

Regards,

Sharyn Van Den Broek

Posted: 11 Mar 2013 10:54PM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Edited: 12 Mar 2013 1:51PM GMT
Surnames: van den Broek, de Vrij Blom
Grandfather Gerard Willem van den Broek born 5 Oct 1898 in Leiden came on 13 May 1927 together with wife Elisabeth de Vrij born 23 June 1903 in Helder to Amsterdam. He went on 17-1010-1927 to the West Indies and she returned to Leiden. In 1928 she came back to Amsterdam,. He returned 31-01-1929 from the Wst Indies to Amsterdam. Here is son Gerard is born. Theyn left Amsterdam on 7 Aug 1933 and went to (den) Helder.
See attachment. The family returned to Amsterdam in 1939. Mother and son went in 1954 to Lisse and father followed 0n 1 Nov. 1958.
Greatgrandfather is Gerard van den Broek born 27 March 1872 in Woerden. Greatgrandmother is Jacoba Blom.
See second attachment.
Attachments:

Posted: 11 Mar 2013 11:24PM GMT
Edited: 12 Mar 2013 1:52PM GMT
Surnames: van den Broek, Bleijenberg, Blom, Heijmans
For data about the greatgrandparents van den Broek go to
http://www.archiefleiden.nl/home/collecties/personen/zoek-op... enter Gerard van den Broek and Jacoba Blom and you get their marriage, the birthes of 8 childern and the marriage of 1 son. Or use http://tinyurl.com/ce9byf9
Click on the figures 1-12 before the name to see full data.
After that click on inzien register and select there record 142. The parents of GGGrandfather Gerard van den Broek are Hendrik van den Broek and Dirkje Bleijenburg. The parents of Jacoba Blom are Jacob Samuel Blom and Jacoba Heijmans.

Posted: 12 Mar 2013 5:06AM GMT
What a lovely surprise! I did not expect you to provide me with the information. My sincere gratitude.

Regards,

Sharyn

Posted: 12 Mar 2013 8:28PM GMT
Surnames: van den Broek, Bleijenberg, Blom, Heijmans
May be a silly question, but in relation to the amazing information you have provided, where should I be looking to continue our quest for information on the rest of the families?

Regards,

Sharyn

Posted: 12 Mar 2013 10:51PM GMT
There are no silly questions, only questions.
For general research in the Netherlands we use http://wiewaswie.nl This site is still in beta form and records are still being added. After finding someone there I look for the gemeente where it happend and then I try to find the record on http://www.genver.nl The record usually gives the parents of the record involved. When too difficult ask a question in this message board about 1 person with as much information about the person that youy already have.

Regards,

Jan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic