Search for content in message boards

Henry H. Carlisle (born ca. 1842) in Cavendish

Henry H. Carlisle (born ca. 1842) in Cavendish

Posted: 10 May 2011 5:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: CARLISLE, FULLER
I am searching a census record for Henry H. Carlisle. I believe he was born about 1842, married Martha A. Fuller (dau. of James and Elizabeth Fuller) on 27 Sep 1862 in Cavendish, and served with the 16th Vermont Infantry during the Civil War. Please let me know of any census (or similar) record for him. I am unable to find him in any census and hope that someone more familiar with Windsor County can find him. Thank you.

Re: Henry H. Carlisle (born ca. 1842) in Cavendish

Posted: 11 May 2011 1:23AM GMT
Hi,
Go to familysearch.org and search for him. I found the marriage certificate and the death certificate of Henry H. Carlisle. He died in 1863 and is buried in the cemetery in Cavendish. His father was Solomon Carlisle and his mother's name was Claria. I'll do a little more looking but this is at least a start...hope it helps.

Shaye

Posted: 11 May 2011 2:00AM GMT
After a bit more searching I found out that Henry H Carlisle was wounded at Gettysburg 7/3/1863, mustered out 8/10/1863 and then died 8/31/1863. I couldn't find him in any census-he should have been listed in 1850 but wasn't nor was another sibling Sarah, b 1847. His father, Solomon B Carlisle died 8 Mar 1855 and is buried in Plymouth Five Corners Cemetery. I can't find the mother (Claria Duncan Carlisle after that. She was born in Dummerston, VT. I found a US passport appl for a brother Julius in 1919 living in Hartford, CT. I hope this helps you....

Posted: 11 May 2011 6:46AM GMT
Hi Shaye,
Thank you so much, and everything that you sent was very useful. I very much appreciate your help.

Jim Miller

Posted: 17 Dec 2012 1:35AM GMT
There is a Josh C -family is in chester,vt. My boys knew him
thru school.His dad in chester,vt.

Posted: 17 Dec 2012 9:26AM GMT
Thank you.
Jim Miller
per page