Search for content in message boards

Baird family photos

Baird family photos

Posted: 14 Nov 2012 3:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Baird, Mattox, Pedigo, Ward, Park
On Saturday, 10 November 2012, I attended the E. Baird auction in Martinsville, VA and am now in possession of a great number of pictures that were in a suitcase. Included are wedding pics, some old pics, anniversary pics, graduation photos, etc. Most have no names on them; the ones that do include:
Photo of 50th anniversary of Mr. and Mrs. W. D. Mattox that includes several others-probably their children. Robert and Annie Mattox 25th anniversary photo.
Herbut and Snow B. Baird; an envelope addressed to Hubert L. Baird.
Three school pics from Mount Union Grade and one from Captain Jack Joint Junior High.
Photo dated 20 September 1958 of Blain and Geraldine (no last name).
Photo of a group of policemen dated 10-2-47. Another photo of a group of policemen dated August 1947 and has . L. Baird's name on the back of it. These were taken by the Davis Photo Company in Roanoke, VA. A photo taken at Christmas banquet in December 1965 of Frank Odonell, Z. G. Huffman, H. L. Baird, J. J. Field, J. Simmons and John Grow-it has written on the back "All retired Police."
Photo of Kathy Jean Baird at 4 months and one of John Mark Baird at 24 hours-born 29 January 1962. Also a baby pic of Harold Cooper (taken many years ago). Baby photo of Earl Baird; one of Jon Brillhart at 6 months. Baby photo of Stevie Willis and one of Mary Marguriet Mattox; Kathy Jean Baird at 6 ½ months; one of Deborah Sue Baird at 3 months and another of her at 7 ½ years in 1961-62.
Older photo of W. D. Mattox taken by Parker Studio in Roanoke, VA. Another one of him that has Born 1902, died 12 October 1961.
Eugene M. Baird graduation photo; one of him while he was in college at V. P. I.
Photo of Virginia Bentley, one of Snow Belle Baird, large pic of Betty Jo Mattox Pedigo. Photo of Bill Mattox, Elizabeth "Lizzie" Ward (has died 15 February 1964),
A family tree sheet w/photos of Lamar and Rita Park's family.
Photo of soldier that has "To Snow Belle and Herbut, From Your Little Ole Brother, 1960."
A large photo of a group of boys and girls, men and women, most holding musical instruments.
Two pics-one has Doris, Katy Jo, Gene, Earl-wedding at Oakwood, VA 1950 and the other has Roy Hale, Katy Jo and Gene, 1950 wedding.
A few, but very few, negatives.
Plus a photo album filled with untitled pics.
Is there anyone in the Baird or maybe Mattox family that would like to have these pictures? You may contact me at 276-629-7252 or e-mail me at jmcannaday@yahoo.com or drop me a line at J. M. Cannaday, 547 Mockingbird Lane, Bassett, VA 24055.

Re: Baird family photos

Posted: 15 Nov 2012 2:34AM GMT
Classification: Query
I would like to forward your message to my BAIRD family members - I'll be back in touch.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic