Search for content in message boards

Joseph Pangrazio

Joseph Pangrazio

Posted: 10 Apr 2010 1:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am searching for a Joseph Pangrazio who was born in Austria in March of 1864. He is living with his brother in Leroy,Ny in 1900. In 1903 he went with his brother John to
Dawson City, Alaska. He was single and stayed in Alaska when his brother returned to Leroy a year later. At some point he was married and divorced and returned to the Geneseo, NY area in 1930. He died in LimeRock, NY in Dec 1934 at age 70. His obituary states his widow and family is living in California. Would appreciate any information on this family.

Re: Joseph Pangrazio

Posted: 14 Apr 2010 8:31PM GMT
Does the obituary include the wife's name? or their children's names? or where they are living in California?

Posted: 14 Apr 2010 8:42PM GMT
Surviving are his widow and family in California are the only references to family. Joseph is listed in 1930 census as living in Geneseo, NY with his nephew and he is listed as being divorced.

Posted: 21 Jan 2013 1:26AM GMT
My Family is From LeRoy, NY and Grandfather birth name was Pangrazio. My name is Bridget

Posted: 21 Jan 2013 3:45AM GMT
Bridget -- What was your grandfather's full name?

Posted: 21 Jan 2013 3:58AM GMT
Classification: Census
Edited: 21 Jan 2013 5:29AM GMT
Surnames: Pangrazio
I found a possibility in the 1910 US Census, in Green Valley, Solano, California:

Pangrazio, John, age 45
" Mary
" Antone
" Annie
" Arthur

Even though the first name is off -- I think he's a possibility because he works in a stone quarry (Joseph had "Quarryman" in the 1900 US Census.)

Also, this couple was married c. 1901.

Posted: 21 Jan 2013 4:19AM GMT
Classification: Death
Edited: 21 Jan 2013 5:30AM GMT
Surnames: Pangrazio, Mostachetti
This could be the Antone in the 1910 US Census:

name: Anthony Frank Pangrazio
event: Death
event date: 17 Mar 1996
event place: Contra Costa, California, United States
birth date: 21 Apr 1906
birthplace: California
father:
mother: Mostachetti

Pangrazio comes up as a "hit" in the March 19, 1996, West County Times (Richmond, CA) newspaper. It's probably his obituary, but I don't have access. His obituary might reveal more...

Posted: 21 Jan 2013 4:37AM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 21 Jan 2013 5:31AM GMT
Surnames: Pangrazio, Benassi, Easley-Stone
This is probably the Arthur in the 1910 US Census:

West County Times (Richmond, CA) - Wednesday, September 13, 2000
Deceased Name: Arthur "Sharkey" Pangrazio
Nov. 27, 1909 Sept. 10, 2000
Sharkey Pangrazio, former owner and operator of Sharkey's Barber Shop in El Cerrito, died at a Madera hospital. He was 90.
The Cordelia native lived in Madera for one year and previously lived in El Cerrito for 70 years.
Affiliations and hobbies: Richmond Golf and Country Club; golf.
Survivors: Wife, Louise; daughter, Susan Easley-Stone of Madera; half-sister, Adeline Benassi of El Cerrito; three grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
Services: Visitation, 1-8 p.m. Thursday and 8-11 a.m. Friday at Jay Chapel in Madera. Mass, 11:30 a.m. Friday at St. Joachim Catholic Church in Madera, with burial at Arbor Vitae Cemetery in Madera.
Memorial gifts: Veteran of Foreign Wars, 200 So. G Street, Madera, CA 93637.

(The half-sister implies that his mother remarried.)

Posted: 21 Jan 2013 4:42AM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 21 Jan 2013 5:34AM GMT
Surnames: Pangrazio, Benassi
I did find Anthony's obit:

West County Times (Richmond, CA) - Tuesday, March 19, 1996
Deceased Name: Tony F. Pangrazio
April 21, 1906 March 17, 1996
Tony F. Pangrazio, retired after 20 years as owner of 42nd Street Liquor Store in Oakland, died Sunday at his home in El Cerrito. The cause of death was unavailable. He was 89.
The Cordelia native was a 76-year resident of El Cerrito. He was a member of St. John the Baptist Catholic Church, El Cerrito, and Richmond Golf and Country Club.
He is survived by his companion, Millie Sanders of El Cerrito; stepson, Douglas Ray of Colorado; brother, Arthur "Sharke" Pangrazio of Pinole; and sister, Adeline Benassi of El Cerrito.
Services: Vigil, 7 p.m. Wednesday at Schmidt & Dixon Funeral Home, Richmond. Funeral, 11 a.m. Thursday at the mortuary. Entombment at St. Joseph Mausoleum, San Pablo. Visitation will be from 1 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at the mortuary.

Posted: 21 Jan 2013 5:20AM GMT
Edited: 21 Jan 2013 5:33AM GMT
Surnames: Benassi, Merlo, Mostachetti, Pangrazio
I found that Adeline Benassi's husband was Thomas -- googling their names led me to
http://files.usgwarchives.net/ca/contracosta/vitals/marriage...

which lists Adeline's maiden name as Merlo.

Using Merlo, I found the family in the 1920 US Census:

Name: Joseph Merllo
Birth Year: abt 1880
Birthplace: Italy
Home in 1920: Rodeo, Contra Costa, California
Race: White
Immigration Year: 1905
Relation to Head of House: Head
Marital Status: Married
Spouse's Name: Marle Merllo

Household Members: Name Age
Joseph Merllo 40
Marle Merllo 42 [Marie]
Antone Merllo 13
Anna Merllo 12
Aurther Merllo 10
Adeline Merllo 2 [2 7/12]

From all this, I'm guessing that Marie Mostachetti Pangrazio married Joseph Merlo c. 1917.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions