Search for content in message boards

Dale family

Dale family

Posted: 20 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 9:44AM GMT
Surnames: Dale, Wilson, Lemman
John Dale, his wife Elizabeth Wilson, and sons John, William and Edward left Derry and arrived in Canada c.1821.
A Samuel Dale joined them several years later. John Dale must have left parents and siblings behind in Ireland. What happened to the rest of the family? There seems to be few Dale families in Ireland today.Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Dale family

Posted: 19 Jan 2002 3:32AM GMT
Edited: 8 Jul 2003 3:23PM GMT
There were a lot of Dales in Iowa County, WI., that came to the US about the time you are describing. My line is Edward Dale b 1822 Cornwall, Eng and his fiancee Elizabeth Rowe came over too. They married c1842? in W.Toronto Canada. I
know many times family members came together. Mine lived in Arena, Iowa Co. Wisconsin and then migrated to Andrew Co MO. (He went two years to CA for the gold rush). Ed was a judge in Andrew Co MO.

Lynn Martin (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jan 2002 1:10AM GMT
Surnames: Dale, Prendergast, Warnock
Lila: My Dale family were all born in County Derry, Ireland. Census records here in Canada state that they were natives of Ireland but of British origin. Hopefully some day I will discover enough about this Irish Dale family, enabling me to trace their roots back to England. Appreciate your reply!

Posted: 24 Feb 2006 11:27PM GMT
When did your Dales leave Ireland my family came over to NY. in 1710 three brothers came over together. One settled in NY my line went to SC. There was one brother name Hugh who was still there at one time I don't have a clue if he ever came over to America or just stayed in Ireland. From anything I can find out he stayed in Ireland. the other brother that came over in 1710 went North west in America & we aren't sure what that meant.The brothers name were John William Dale, Alexander, William Dale. Hope this helps you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions