Search for content in message boards

Arnoldine Louise Susanne de Gruijter (Gruyter)

Arnoldine Louise Susanne de Gruijter (Gruyter)

Posted: 11 Apr 2013 2:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: de Gruyter
There is a missing link in my search of the de Gruyter line. Arnoldine b. 20/3/1869 Amsterdam, daughter of Arnold J M de Gruyter & Pauline Ross, sister of my Gr Grandfather Ferdinand Arnold Ludwig de Gruyter, I have found her birth and christening details, but have been unsuccessful in all avenues, Amsterdam Archives, Family Search, contact of family in Holland, cousin in Sydney, etc, all having the same problem. there seems to be no record of her death or possible marriage. Just wondering if anyone out in Ancestry world could put me in the right direction. Appreciate it. cheers All. M

Re: Arnoldine Louise Susanne de Gruijter (Gruyter)

Posted: 11 Apr 2013 5:50PM GMT
Edited: 11 Apr 2013 6:00PM GMT
Hello,

Im the Amsterdam Archive there is a card of Arnoldine.

The card is part of "het bevolkingsregister " (a kind of permanent census )

To view the card online you have to pay.

That the card is part of "Overgenomen delen " means she either died or moved to a other city. ( in between 1892 and 1920 )

http://stadsarchief.amsterdam.nl/archieven/archiefbank/index...

Bye , Jan

Posted: 17 Apr 2013 11:41AM GMT
Ok everyone, I am now totally frustrated, I have been to the Amsterdam Archives, (Thanks you Jan, I would not have found it on my own) Family Search, and any other numerous sites. If Arnoldine was born, and yes she was, how is it I cannot find anywhere that she died? I have searched the Germany records, the Dutch records, I have found her sister's death record, but there does not seem to be any record of Arnoldine's death? Am I looking in the wrong place? Not being good at reading the language does make it more problematical for me. I really am so stuck. How do I search the church records? cheers all and thanks for responding to Australian thread!

Posted: 17 Apr 2013 12:20PM GMT
Edited: 17 Apr 2013 12:29PM GMT
Did you have a look at the card I mentioned ?

Didn't it reveal anything at all ?

Not always but often it mentioned under the head "vertrokken naar " a date and the place the person went.

Or is this just a index and with the information given it is only possible to search ( not online ) in the Amsterdam archive for the right information ?

Bye , Jan

Posted: 17 Apr 2013 1:24PM GMT
I looked at the card Jan mentioned:
She came from Alkmaar on 4 May 1894 to Amsterdam, lived there at Overtoomseweg 144. She went to Maasbree on 1 July 1895. Maasbree is in the province Limburg. Maybe you can pick up her trail there.

Posted: 17 Apr 2013 4:16PM GMT
Arnoldine left Maasbree in March 1902.

She went to a place , I think , in Prussia.

I'm not sure but I think it's Moers (at that time also called Meurs )

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1942-30207-3195-51?...

Bye , Jan

Posted: 18 Apr 2013 12:37AM GMT
Thank you for helping me to translate and understand the information. very much appreciated. I will keep you posted on any info I can get.Cheers Monnie

Posted: 18 Apr 2013 8:23AM GMT
Hi Jan

Yes i did look and it was exactly as you said, my translating of it was a bit slow. but i got there, thankful for your help.

Posted: 18 Apr 2013 9:56AM GMT
Edited: 18 Apr 2013 10:11AM GMT
I did have a look at the marriage-supplements of your Gr.-grandfather Ferdinand A. L. and I saw that he was born in Meurs.

So Arnoldine went to the birth-place of her brother.
Maybe she had still some family in that place because her grandparents had been living there ( your gr.-grandfather is born in the house of his grandfather )

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-17675-35996-41?cc...

Bye , Jan

Posted: 18 Apr 2013 12:15PM GMT
Aha, now that makes a bit of sense.. But still I cannot find anything about her possible marriage, or her death, which is perplexing. if she died in the Netherlands or over the border in Germany, I should be able to find something somewhere. I have spent several hours today on the computer trying to find anything I can that relates to her. I will continue, and thank you very much for your kind assistance.

Cheers M
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions