Search for content in message boards

Pitts Family of Mississippi

Pitts Family of Mississippi

Posted: 11 Nov 2012 1:06AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Nov 2012 1:14AM GMT
Surnames: Pitts
I am looking for information on William Dewey (Dave)Pitts Sr and Effie Elsie Ray. Any Information would be very much appreciated. I am also looking for information on twin half brothers. I knw there names are Ronald and donald. Not sure if they went by the pitts name. Our father was Corliss Eguene (Gene) Pitts.

Re: Pitts Family of Mississippi

Posted: 12 Nov 2012 5:18PM GMT
Surnames: Pitts
Could you be more specific about the kind of information you're looking for? Also, what information do you already have?

The more information you can provide, and the more specific you can be with your questions, the higher the chance that others can give you the information you need.

Posted: 12 Nov 2012 7:04PM GMT
My grandfather was born sept 19th 1898 in nicholson ms. I have found that he was a police officer but not sure what year. My grandmother Effie was born april 19 1901. she lived most of her life in gulfport. they had several children. WD Pitts (william dewey jr), jesse melvin pitts, charles elton pitts, marion edward (buddy)Pitts, Corliss Eugene (gene) pitts, doris ruth pitts, lois ann pitts (carter), billy ray pitts and clyde wayne pitts.

Posted: 12 Nov 2012 7:13PM GMT
William and Effie are in the 1920 census for Gulfport, Mississippi. At that time he was a truck driver for a packing company. Effie is shown as born in Arkansas of Arkansas parents.

Posted: 12 Nov 2012 7:15PM GMT
I should add that next door is 19-year-old James Ray, also born in Arkansas of Arkansas parents, and he is a sailor on a steamship. So there's a good chance that he is Effie's brother if her maiden name was Ray.

Posted: 12 Nov 2012 7:18PM GMT
Oh, and James is listed as the son in the household of Lucien Cuevas, whose wife Louisa was born in Arkansas of Arkansas parents. So Lucien is probably the stepfather to James, and the second husband of Louisa (previously married to the father of James and Effie).

Posted: 12 Nov 2012 7:24PM GMT
In the 1910 census for Harrison County, Mississippi is the household of John W. Ray, wife Louisa, and children James (7), Effie (5), and Alice (4). John and Louisa have been married for 17 years, and Louisa has had 5 children total, with 3 surviving. Although Louisa is listed as being born in Arkansas, the 3 children are listed as having a mother born in Louisiana.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions