Search for content in message boards

Everett Callow Parker

Everett Callow Parker

Posted: 5 Jun 2006 6:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: PARKER
My records show Everett Callow Parker (b.18 Jul 1883; d.28 Aug 1911) being buried in the "Egypt Cemetery, Cairo, WV". I know that at one time Cairo was called Egypt. I have looked at the Ritchie Co website and cannot find a cemetery called "Egypt Cemetery". I assume it was in the town or very near by. Everett was my Grandmother's twin brother. Can anyone help me? I plan on being in the area next month doing some research and every bit of information I can gather before I get there will help.

Re: Everett Callow Parker

JeanMoore (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jun 2006 1:59AM GMT
Egypt Cemetery is another name for the Cairo IOOF Cemetery. It is located west side of Route 31, behind Baptist Church.
In the 1910 Ritchie Co. Census by Wes Cochran:
Cunningham, Barnet F. 61
Louisa (wife) 66
Everet C. Parks 26, SIL
Olie L. Parker, dau 26 married 3 years

1900 Ritchie Co. Census by Wes Cochran
Cunningham, Barnett born June 1848 51years old
Louisa Lockwood wife Nov. 1843 age 56
Homer B. Nov. 1884 age 15
Floyd B. Welch, apr. 1897 age 3
Edward Duff, Sept. 1878 age 21
John A. Duff, Jan. 1881 age 19
Barnett & Louisa married 28 Aug 1873, s/o Abraham, d/o Alfred B. & Susan Scott

Let me know if I can help.

Candace Springer (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jun 2006 4:04AM GMT
Surnames: Parker
Gee, thanks. His wife's name was Ola Louisa. They married on 3 Apr 1907. I didn't realize, until now, just how short their married life was. Life wasn't easy in those days. Everett's father died when he was 4 and his mother died when he was 6. The grandparents took the 4 Parker children in. Then either one of the grandparents was a step grandparent or one grandparent died and remarried. In any event the blood relative died and the 4 Parker children were farmed out to different homes. Rev. A.E. Thorn of Palestine, WV raised Everett. My grandmother, Ethel, was raised by the Henry Hughes family in Spencer, WV , Blaney was raised by the Mitchell family in Elizabeth, WV and Mabel was raised by the Charles Smith family in Billings, WV. With travel as it was they might as well have been states apart instead of towns apart.

With the census information you included, I can understand why I haven't found much about Everett. Again, thanks.

Posted: 26 Jun 2006 11:47PM GMT
Edited: 10 Sep 2006 6:15PM GMT
Surnames: shields/everette
I found a little bit in the cemeteries of ritchie county.
It is not much.
My grandparents are buried there and I can't get much information about them either.

Candy Springer (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jun 2006 3:46AM GMT
Thank for your help.
Candy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic