Search for content in message boards

CCC Camp, Late 1930s

CCC Camp, Late 1930s

Posted: 17 Aug 2003 1:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Feb 2005 7:14PM GMT
Surnames: Higdon
My uncle, Chester Higdon, was in the CCC in the late 1930s. I found a photo of him with the address of Dubois, Idaho c/o of the CCC Camp and the date of Oct 2, 1938 on the back. I am looking for any information on this CCC Camp, exact location, name, company number, etc. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Re: CCC Camp, Late 1930s

Kristi Kawano (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 2004 9:02AM GMT
My grandfather, Loy Johnson, was in the same CCC camp I believe. I have most of the records my grandfather kept during this time, but I need to locate the exact information you are looking for. Your uncle's name caught my eye as someone my grandfather may have known? He is still living at the age of 88.

Posted: 16 Jan 2004 1:39PM GMT
Edited: 25 Feb 2005 7:14PM GMT
I would be very interested in discussing any facts that you have on this camp as well as exploring the possibility that your father may have known Chester Higdon. My uncle died at Saipan in 19444. So my knowledge is very limited. If you desire to contact me via email, please do so at higdonce@comcast.net.

Thanks for responding

Bob Allen (View posts)
Posted: 23 Aug 2005 3:48AM GMT
Hi Chuck: My father-in-law Ed Jakimiak was in Camp DuBois in 1940 and 1941. He said the camp was near Pocatello, Idaho. He was in Company 4607, G98. I've got a scrapbook of photos of the camp and most of the photos are very sharp and detailed. Hope this info helps. Bob.

Charlie Higdon (View posts)
Posted: 23 Aug 2005 1:08PM GMT
Bob:

Since my last post, I have found a little more information. It seems that Chester Higdon was discharged in 1939 because he had been in CCC service for the allowable length of time. My aunt, Chester's sister, recently, provided some information that as of 9 March 1939 he was a member of CCC Company 550 of Mackay, ID. I also saw some photos of him with Camp Dubois written on the back of one. Is Mackey and Pocatello, ID near each other? near Dubois?

Thanks for response,

Charlie

Posted: 25 Jan 2011 4:40AM GMT
My dad was in an Idaho CCC camp in the late 1930's. Please contact me about your records: my dad may mentioned. Thanks! Nancy (nah521@frontiernet.net)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions