Hi--I just found this message board. I am researching the Beelers of eastern Tennessee because I believe I am a descendant of Anna Beeler who married William Robinson in Grainger County, TN in 1802. I would love to find any information on them.
I have searched the internet and this is what I have found on Anna's parents. She was the daughter of John Valentine Beeler and his wife Mary Turney. The children of John Valentine Beeler Mary Turney are:
1. Rosanna Beeler b. ca. 1759 at Frederick Co, VA. m. James Arnwine; d. after 1837 at Tennessee
2. Daniel Beeler b. ca. 1760 at Frederick Co, VA m. Elizabeth Hudspeth; d. 13 Nov 1842 at Lawrenceburg, Lawrence Co, Tennessee.
3. Jacob Beeler b. 1760 at Frederick Co, VA m. Catherine_____; d. 1835 at Sullivan Co, TN
4. Joseph Beeler b. 5 July 1762 at Frederick Co, VA; m. Catherine "Katy" Petrie or Petre; 2nd wife Anna Hollingsworth Parker; d. 22 August 1845
5. Margaret "Peggy" Beeler b. 4 April 1765 at PA; m. 1st ___Smith; 2nd Thomas Dunn; d. 20 November 1846 at Speedwell, Claiborne Co, TN.
6. Peter Beeler b. 16 Sept 1767 at Millers Town, Shenandoah Valley Virginai; m. in Tennessee to Barbara Petre on March 1794; d. 17 August 1836 at Speedwell, Claiborne Co, TN
7. Ulrich Beeler b. ca. 1769
d. at Sullivan Co, TN
8. George Beeler b. ca. 1771 d. 1836 at Claiborne Co, TN
9. Anna Beeler b. 1779 m. 12 Nov 1802 to William Robinson at Grainger Co, TN; no more information but I believe these are the parents or grandparents of my gg-grandfather William Osmus/Ausmus Robinson b. 1825 in Morgan County, Georgia. Please--anybody--I would appreciate any bit of information on Anna Beeler or William Robinson. There is a John V. Robinson who appeared on early deeds of Morgan County, GA and I am wondering if Anna and William had a son they named for her father--which would make him John Valentine Robinson, you see. Any information is welcome!
10. John Beeler, Jr. b. ca. 1784 at TN m. 19 April 1802 at Grainger Co, TN to Hannah Vandergriff ; d. 1861 at Grainger Co, TN.
I have that John Valentine Beeler was born 21 Feb 1736/7 at Lancaster, PA; married 1759 at Frederick Co, VA and d. ca. 1823 at Grainger Co, TN. ; he was the son of Ulrich Buhler b. ca. 1705 in Switzerland and who died after 1778. Ulrich's wife was Maria Elizabeth ____. Ulrich was the son of Johann Michael Buhler of Switzerland.
I would love to get any more information on this family. I hope this information helps. If anyone wants to contact me I am Jan Bell at firstname.lastname@example.org