Search for content in message boards

Info on Cannady's in Kinston, North Carolina

Info on Cannady's in Kinston, North Carolina

Posted: 18 Mar 2011 6:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cannady, Canady, Kanady, Kennedy, Kenady
If anyone has information about the African American Cannady's that lived in North Carolina in the 1800s, please contact me. Some of the names are Matthew Cannady, Burrill Cannady, Estelle Cannady, Victoria Cannady, Louis Cannady, Stephen Cannady, Johnny Cannady, Hardy Cannady, Horace Cannady. These are the names of the father (Matthew) and several of his sons and daughters. The family lived in Dover and Kinston, North Carolina. In the 1900s several of the sons moved to Baltimore, Maryland.

After moving to Baltimore, many of the family began to spell their lastname Kennedy.

Re: Info on Cannady's in Kinston, North Carolina

Posted: 27 Feb 2012 2:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cannady
Hi - I was just reading your post. Have you been able to find any information on African American Cannady's from North Carolina? My grandfather was from N. Carolina and married a woman from Baltimore Maryland. They moved to Boston but she eventually came back to Baltimore after a divorce. Knowing this information- I think we may be able to help each other. I can only go as far back as my grandfather born abt 1913 - waiting for 1940 census to try to get more info.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic