Search for content in message boards

Martin Heim of Brown County, WI

Martin Heim of Brown County, WI

Posted: 23 Jul 2001 4:59AM GMT
Surnames: Heim, Karcher, Petitjean, Leanna
Looking for information on Martin Heim of Brown County, Wisconsin. Children were August m. Veronica Karcher; Laurenz m. Barbara Petitjean; Michael m. Caroline Leanna; Barbara and Catherine.

Re: Martin Heim of Brown County, WI

Posted: 30 Aug 2008 7:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Heim, Schumacher,Lyneis,Gehbe
Hi, Catherine Heim b 08 Apr1844, Bryon, Lowe-Franconia,Bavaria;d.07Feb1917 Green Bay, Wi., daughter of Martin Heim and Margaret Ochner was my great-grandmother. She married Hubert Schumacher b.23 Jul 1839, Colbenz, Germany; d.15 Dec 1920 Green Bay, Wi.Their son Peter b.03 Jun 1865 d.10 Jan 1947 m.25 Apr 1893 (all in Green Bay, Wi.) to Jane(Genevieve, Jenny) Lyneis b.23 Apr 1868 Fond du Lac, Wi. d. 19 Sep 1944. Peter and Jane were my grandparents. Their 7th child, Alban, was my father. b.30 Jan 1906 d.26 Mar 1963 m.25 Apr 1930 to Genevieve Gehbe (my mother). I am looking for more information about Martin Heim and Margaret Ochner Heim. Also looking for a marriage date for Catherine and Hubert Schumacher.

Posted: 22 Sep 2008 1:03AM GMT
Surnames: Heim, Oechner, Schumacher Wisconsin
HI Anne
Martin and Margaret Oechner Heim are my 3great grandparents. Michael Heim and Caroline Leanna Heim are my 2 great grandparents-Valentine and Mary Liberton Heim---grandparents Gertrude Heim and Alex Pensis.

I have Catherine Heim Married to Hubert Schumacher in Brown County 17 August 1864.

I have a question for you. I have Martin Heim born in Kircheim, Unterfranken, Bavaria, Germany. Where did you find the birht place for Catherine? Was the rest of the family born there also?

What type of information do you need on Margert and Martin Heim? I'll see what I can do. Sharon

Posted: 22 Sep 2008 2:04AM GMT
Surnames: Heim Schumacher Oechner
Hi Sharon,
We exchanged information via e-mail a few years ago. I received an e-mail from Anne when her message was first posted and I gave her the same marriage date for Catherine Heim & Hubert Schumacher as you did. I told her I had dates of death for Martin Heim & Margaret Oechner Heim but did not hear from her again.

Posted: 22 Sep 2008 4:57AM GMT
Surnames: Heim, Schumacher and Lyneis
Hi Sharon, First, thank you for your interest in the Heim Family. Then , I should let you know I am new to all this. I don't understand all of what Ancestry connection service is all about or what it can do for me. I haven't answered Linda Simons yet. She said she would be on vacation for a while also. I wanted to get my ducks in order first. I made the mistake of trying to do too many trees at one time. Right now I am trying to concentrate on the Schumacher/ Heim tree. Also I should have divided up this tree. The wife of Peter Schumacher was Jane(Jennie/Geneiveve Lyneis. I have that line traced back to the 1500's on both sides. Back to the Martin and
Margaret Ochner Heim. Thank you for that wedding date of Their daughter Catherine Heim b.08 Apr 1844 to Hubert Schumacher b.23 Jul 1839. I believe they had Martin and Margaret had 5 children. Barbara(I have no birthdate) married Michael Lang.(again no birthdate or marriage date.
Next was Lorenz(Laurenz)(no birthdate) who married Barbara Pettijean. I beleive this is where Linda Simons' husband is related.They had at least 12 children. Then another child was Michael(no birthdate). He married Caroline Leanna(no birthdate) married in 1863. They had 10 children. I guess this is where you come in. The next child I have is August who married Veronica Karcher. m.Feb 14, 1860 in Bay Settlement. And last I have Catherine. She would be my grandfather's (Peter b.03 Jun 1865) mother. Some of this information came from my cousin(Pat Schumacher's husband) who did a geneaology study of Pat's Father (Claude). Some more of it came from Kris Olsen of Green Bay. She did a study in 1984 and had a big reunion. They both have Catherine's family coming from Byron, Lowe-Franconia Bavaria. Martin was married when he came to America in 1846. They settled in New Franken, Wi. So named because most of the people came from Franconia, Germany. So I hope this helps you some and maybe you can fill me in on some of those dates. I'm also looking for info on Hubert's Father-Frank (Franz) b. 1808. I know he had two wives. He had 4 children with his first wife. Hubert was from that marriage. His second wife was Elizabeth Munch b.1808. She had one child from her first marriage to John Basten of Preble. Also I am trying to figure out Peter's brothers and sister's. I have some info, but it is a work in progress. I do want to go to the Green Bay Catholic Diocese Archives. Again any info you can give me would be helpful. Anne (Schumacher) Halla

h

Posted: 22 Sep 2008 4:59AM GMT
Surnames: Heim, Schumacher and Lyneis
Hi Sharon, First, thank you for your interest in the Heim Family. Then , I should let you know I am new to all this. I don't understand all of what Ancestry connection service is all about or what it can do for me. I haven't answered Linda Simons yet. She said she would be on vacation for a while also. I wanted to get my ducks in order first. I made the mistake of trying to do too many trees at one time. Right now I am trying to concentrate on the Schumacher/ Heim tree. Also I should have divided up this tree. The wife of Peter Schumacher was Jane(Jennie/Geneiveve Lyneis. I have that line traced back to the 1500's on both sides. Back to the Martin and
Margaret Ochner Heim. Thank you for that wedding date of Their daughter Catherine Heim b.08 Apr 1844 to Hubert Schumacher b.23 Jul 1839. I believe that Martin and Margaret had 5 children. Barbara(I have no birthdate) married Michael Lang.(again no birthdate or marriage date.
Next was Lorenz(Laurenz)(no birthdate) who married Barbara Pettijean. I beleive this is where Linda Simons' husband is related.They had at least 12 children. Then another child was Michael(no birthdate). He married Caroline Leanna(no birthdate) married in 1863. They had 10 children. I guess this is where you come in. The next child I have is August who married Veronica Karcher. m.Feb 14, 1860 in Bay Settlement. And last I have Catherine. She would be my grandfather's (Peter b.03 Jun 1865) mother. Some of this information came from my cousin(Pat Schumacher's husband) who did a geneaology study of Pat's Father (Claude). Some more of it came from Kris Olsen of Green Bay. She did a study in 1984 and had a big reunion. They both have Catherine's family coming from Byron, Lowe-Franconia Bavaria. Martin was married when he came to America in 1846. They settled in New Franken, Wi. So named because most of the people came from Franconia, Germany. So I hope this helps you some and maybe you can fill me in on some of those dates. I'm also looking for info on Hubert's Father-Frank (Franz) b. 1808. I know he had two wives. He had 4 children with his first wife. Hubert was from that marriage. His second wife was Elizabeth Munch b.1808. She had one child from her first marriage to John Basten of Preble. Also I am trying to figure out Peter's brothers and sister's. I have some info, but it is a work in progress. I do want to go to the Green Bay Catholic Diocese Archives. Again any info you can give me would be helpful. Anne (Schumacher) Halla

h

Posted: 23 Sep 2008 1:16AM GMT
Hi Linda

It's nice to hear from you again. How is your work going on the Heim family? I have picked it up just recently after I met someone whose ggggrandfather was Lorenz Heim. Small world! After we talked for awhile, we found out his wife is related to my grandmother's side of the family, another small world. I need to organize my things a little better-- then maybe we can compare a few notes or work on a few brick walls. Take Care and hope to hear from you soon. Sharon

Posted: 23 Sep 2008 1:22AM GMT
Hi Anne! Here are a few dates that you are looking for. Here goes!!
Martin Heim -8August 1797 Kircheim Bavaria;Died 27April 1872 New Franken, WI
Margaret Oechner Heim Born 4 June 1801;Died 12April 1878 New Franken,WI
Barbara--Born 5October 1823;Died 8November 1896;Married 18 April 1847-Michael Lang

Posted: 23 Sep 2008 1:30AM GMT
Hi Anne!
Sorry, I don't know what happened. This should all have been in one email.
Lorenz-Born 28February 1831;Died 28December 1911; Married Barbara Pettijean 27 November 1855
August-Born 11 November 1833; Died 2 July 1910; Married 14 February 1860 to Veronica Karcher
Michael-born 6 November 1840; Died 5 May 1915; Married 17 February 1863 to Caroline Leanna
Catherine-Born 8 April 1844; Died 7 February 1917; Married 17 August 1864 to Hubert Schumacher.
Peter-Born ???, Died ??August 1846 (he died after they got off the boat in New York. He is buried in New York)

I hope this helps? If there is anything else I can help with just email me. Sharon
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions