Search for content in message boards

DAVID McCALLUM - British Actor

DAVID McCALLUM - British Actor

Posted: 13 Feb 2002 12:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Mar 2005 2:24PM GMT
Surnames: McCALLUM WATSON MASON BOYD NICHOLSON
Does anybody have David McCallum, the British actor who starred with Robert Vaughan, in The Man From Uncle" in their family tree? My grandmother always said that he was related to a cousin of hers. The name Jean McCallum comes to my mind, but that is absolutely all I know! Any help appreciated. I am looking for a common ancestor to begin with. Thanks Jeanne Bell

Re: DAVID McCALLUM - British Actor

Sandra Millan (View posts)
Posted: 25 Sep 2002 9:49PM GMT
I have a similar story in my family that my mother - Euphemia Cuthbertson McCallum - and David's father [ also David ]were cousins. Even a subscription to the Official David McCallum Fan Club newsletter [Channel_M@yahoogroups.com] and a request for further information there has failed to produce any confirmation of this.
Perhaps we should exchange our information on our McCallums?

Posted: 25 Sep 2002 10:39PM GMT
Edited: 24 Mar 2005 2:24PM GMT
Surnames: WATSON,WALKER,BOYD,MCMILLAN, MCCALLUM
Hi Sandra,

Thanks for your reply. I suppose the people that run the fan clubs have hosts of people claiming to be related, but it would be good to get an answer, even if negative. I tried that avenue as well.
Since I posted that message, I found a marriage certificate, for my G-Grandfather (a Watson). Witnesses at this, his 2nd marriage, were his sister, Catherine (Watson) McCallum, and presumably, her husband, David McCallum. The marriage was in Glasgow in 1913. But that's about it really, except when as a teenager, whenever the Man from Uncle came on, my Mum would say, "your Nanny says that man is our relation"
By the way, is your name Millan derived from McMillan, I have McMillan connected to the same Watson family?

Sandra Millan (View posts)
Posted: 26 Sep 2002 10:51PM GMT
Jeanne
Thanks for your prompt answer - no immediate solutions. There's lots of work to be done.
My "Millan" probably comes from "Mullan".
Funnily enough my own name was "Walker" from my father's family and my mother's (McCallum) mother's mother was a Walker before her marriage.
I'll keep looking for the connections.

janet (View posts)
Posted: 2 Sep 2003 10:37PM GMT
Surnames: Boyd Mccallum Campbell cqueen and Symes
I have Boyd's and Mccallums from lanark in my husbands tree. regards Janet

Posted: 3 Sep 2003 9:47PM GMT
Surnames: McCallum, Cuthbertson, Balbirnie, Walker
Hello, Janet,
I'd be interested to know more about your husband's tree. I think that David McCallum's (actor) father was my mother's cousin. My grandfather was james McCallum - one of many!

Pam Smith (View posts)
Posted: 4 Sep 2003 4:17PM GMT
Surnames: SKINNER,McCALLUM,JONES,SMITH,TURNER
My grandfather was also an actor. He tap dance in different bars for pay. I think he was born in Irleand and came over on the ship Celtic. But not sure if that ship with his name is him because he was married to someone else and had a child. Unless he had married twice because my James McCOLLUM/ McCALLUM married someone that was many years younger than he was. Her name is Daisy Mae BROWN in MI>

janet (View posts)
Posted: 4 Sep 2003 8:33PM GMT
MALCHOM MAcCALLUM MARRIED AGNES SYMES IN SLAMANNAN 1827 THEIR SON THOMAS MARRIED JANE BOYD IN CADDER / LANARK 1859 THEY HAD A SON JAMES CIRCA 1873 BUT MY HUSBAND IS DESCENDED FROM THEIR DAUGHTER AGNES, HOPE THIS HELPS. REGARDS JANET

Posted: 24 Apr 2004 8:30PM GMT
Edited: 27 Apr 2004 2:51PM GMT
Surnames: McCallum, Walker,
Hi Sandra, Ironically, Walkers was the maiden name of my ancestors before she (Martha) married into the McCallum family in 1849! Any chance that we ae connected??

Getting to be a very small world!

email me!

Posted: 23 Mar 2012 1:33PM GMT
Hi Marie: I also have McCallums and Walkers in my family tree. Maybe we can exchange info. My grandfather is Duncan McCallum and His father is William McCallum. William was married to Margaret McCallum. My Grandmother is Christina Wardrop Walker they were married 10 JUN 1919. Her Father was David Walker. Her Mother Annie Duncan. They were form the Glasgow/Motherwell area. Any Relation??? If anyone out there reads this feel free to contact me. wave4rick@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions