Search for content in message boards

George W. Ramsey Family From Tennessee/Missouri

George W. Ramsey Family From Tennessee/Missouri

Posted: 28 Apr 2005 8:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ramsey/ Mockley (Mackley)
Am in search of family decendents to possibly open up more doors on the ancestry of Ramsey/Mockley(Mackley) families from TN and MO.

Thanks

Re: George W. Ramsey Family From Tennessee/Missouri

Bill Ramsey (View posts)
Posted: 29 Apr 2005 1:12PM GMT
I need to know more about your George W. Ramsey. My George W. Ramsey is born 1823 in Wayne Co. Ky. lives out his life in Miller Co., Mo. I have another George W. in my line who was also born in Ky., he lived in Randolph Co., Mo. for a short period of tlime and then lived out his life in Wayne Co. Ky.

Christina (View posts)
Posted: 29 Apr 2005 2:27PM GMT
Surnames: Ramsey, Walker
My George Washington Ramsey from my records show he was born:
January 20, 1847/1846 in Tenn.
Married: dec 12 1867 and
died feb. 23 1923 was married to:
a Sarah Ellen Mackley(Mockley) and one of there children was Lucinda M. Ramsey or Martha L. Ramsey, unsure which way spelled.
He was also in the Service: Rank Private, Comp.K, 47 Regt. Missouri Infantry.
His daughter Lucinda or Martha Ramsey married a: Aaron Dale Walker Sr. It shows from my records that both of George W. Ramsey parents were both from Tenn, but I have no names as of yet. It also shows in the 1880 Census there children were:
Joseph O
Rebecca J
Maragaret A
John
James
Lucinda
Debba A
Easter
In the 1900 Census it shows George with wife Ellen, I guess thats what she went by, it varies from census to census I noticed. The additional children it shows is again
Easther
Andrew
Ado
Mary E
Isabelle
Morgan
Sophrona
George W.
It shows in 1920 Census:
George and Ellen with just morgan as there child.
I'm pretty sure this is my correct line, as far as your George W. Ramsey maybe it was a relative of George or maybe his father because your George W. was born in 1823 my George shows being born in 1846/1847. I am still researching George W. Ramsey to get his parents and not quite done researching it, so I can't say who his parents were.
I hoped I helped in someway.
Thanks
Christina

Bill Ramsey (View posts)
Posted: 29 Apr 2005 3:22PM GMT
Christina, please stay in touch with me as you find out more about your George Ramsey. i think you will find that your George and my George are first cousins, as I have verified that my George's father has a brother in TN., but I do not know where.

Posted: 30 Apr 2005 4:06AM GMT
Edited: 25 Oct 2006 3:10AM GMT
Surnames: Ramsey, Henry, Mackley, Albert
Christine---Your George W. Ramsey is a half brother to my Grandfather, Madison Ramsey born March 26, 1840 in Chattagoona ,Tennessee. Madison Ramsey father was Randolph Ramsey and mother Eliza Henry. Eliza passed away when Madison was about 3 years old. Randolph married Rebecca Jane Pinkiston. George W. Ramsey was the son of Randolph and Rebecca. He married Sarah Ellen Mackley. The children you have listed are the same as I have.
My grandfather Madison Ramsey married Mary Ann Mackley, sister to Sarah. Madison Ramsey second wife was Mary Louise Albert (My grandmother). Would be glad to exchange informatin with you and James. My e-mail address is bjjano@netboise.com. Beckie

Christina Enderes (View posts)
Posted: 30 Apr 2005 2:32PM GMT
Surnames: ramsey
Hello and thank you for the information. This is so cool, I thought I hit a brick wall and you've opened up the doors for me.
Let me know if you have any further information, I have copied and pasted your post to my Aunt who would be very interested in this and has been working on the genealogy for a long time, she is in her 70's and I've been trying to keep this side going in gathering information. I live in MT, where do you live?

Thanks so much.

Posted: 30 Apr 2005 10:39PM GMT
Edited: 25 Oct 2006 3:10AM GMT
Yes, I have a lot of information on George W. Ramsey parents and his brothers and sisters (pictures) and also on the Mackley. Going to try to e-mail you directly.

Posted: 6 May 2005 11:19PM GMT
Edited: 17 May 2005 7:13PM GMT
Surnames: Ramsey, Smith, Jackson, Silvey
Margaret Ramsey (b. 1871) is my great-great grandmother. Margaret married a Smith and had 2 children, Viola (born in Roubidoux MO) and Frank. Frank died when he was 19. Viola married Charley Lee Jackson and they had 2 sons, George Ensor and Estell. George Ensor Jackson had 3 children, one of the daughters is my mother. My mom passed away in 2004 of cancer and did not have much info on this side of her family tree. She told me that Margaret was full blood Cherokee or maybe Choctaw. It seems that Estell destroyed all the Indian information back in the 1940s when he moved to California and still refuses to talk about it to this day. Margaret later married a Frank Saladin. Margaret is buried in Pleasant View Cemetery, Woods County, Oklahoma. Any info on this George Ramsey's family would be helpful in tracking down any indian heritage. I have a copy of Margaret's death certificate, it shows Geo. Ramsey as father (born in Tenn) and her mother's maiden name as Ellen Pinkston. I have pictures of Margaret and her daughter Viola. Thanks for any help on this.

Posted: 10 Jan 2014 8:36PM GMT
Surnames: Ramsey/Mackley
I know it has been awhile since anyone posted to this thread, but I am researching the George Washington Ramsey/ Sarah Ellen Mackley line as a great- great granddaughter. ANY information you all can share I would be grateful for. My email is brandonnethanmom@aol.com. We have a reunion every summer in Texas County, Missouri if anyone would like info on that. Thanks in advance!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic