Search for content in message boards

Peter McClinton..b: about 1826 County Down

Peter McClinton..b: about 1826 County Down

David McLinton (View posts)
Posted: 1 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McClinton, McLinton, McLindon, Faulkner
Searching for Peter McClinton, born, County Down, Ireland about 1826. Father's name, Robert McClinton. Peter immigrated to Canada and had a wife, Mary Faulkner(Antrim) and children on 200 acres of land in Nepean Township, Carleton County, Ontario, Canada. Any help would be appreciated....Thank you.

McLinden

Posted: 2 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 21 Jul 2001 8:30PM GMT
Surnames: McLinden
A Peter McLinden appears as an adult in Crossgar, Kilmore parish, Co. Down, in the 1833 Tithe Applotment. Please note that I will be out of the country for the next 8-10 days in case you try to contact me or respond to this message.

Ron McRoberts
mcrob001@tc.umn.edu

Re: McLinden

Bill Toner (View posts)
Posted: 16 Oct 2002 1:35AM GMT
Did Peter emmigrate to Brooklyn? I searching for my great grandfather Donald Mclinden who probably born in the 1870's in Ireland. Emmigrated to Brooklyn in 1882 and settled for awhile in Williamsburg, Brooklyn NY.

Dave McLinton (View posts)
Posted: 16 Oct 2002 2:05AM GMT
Peter McClinton didn't emmigrate to Brooklyn. He lived out his life in Carleton County, Canada.

Ron Mcroberts (View posts)
Posted: 16 Oct 2002 3:50PM GMT
I'm sorry, but I have no additional information on this Peter McLinden. I was only responding to a request I saw based on some Kilmore parish, Co. Down information I have. He is not in any line I am researching.

Ron McRoberts

Re: Peter McClinton..b: about 1826 County Down

Posted: 19 Aug 2003 3:59AM GMT
Surnames: McClinton
I am not sure if there is any connection or not but I think it is worth looking into my great grandmother was elizabeth McClinton of maybe county Antrim that is where she lived when married to a John Parker in TemplePatrick she was born on April 24th 1872 and they left ireland and emigrated to Canada in either 1912 or 1913. they also had the very large McClinton drum made on their property in TemplePatrick it ws brought to Canada in the early 1950's for an Orange Parade when it was played it shattered all of the windows of the store fronts and they had to stop using it for the remainder of the parade, it was large enough that a rolling trolley was placed underneath for it to be marched in the parade. If you think our families may be connected pls email me at dlogin@rogers.com Thanks alot Laura

Posted: 28 Mar 2008 4:46PM GMT
Surnames: McClinton
Hi Laura,

Not too sure if this ties up but my McClintons come from the Templepatrick area i.e. Killead, Craigarogan, Kilmakee and Ballygomartin townlands of the area. I come from William McClinton b1799 married Elizabeth Russell, son Samuel b1834 married Rebecca McClay, son Robert b1859 married Mary Anne Boyd who settled in Belfast. From the 1799 generation I have several children listed so you could well tie into one of them - there is a Moy Dungannon connection also.
Does any of this sound familiar?

Best regards

June

Posted: 28 Mar 2008 6:55PM GMT
The McClinton drum is a familiar story. I did hear about it from a granddaughter of Hugh McClinton and Margaret Faulkner who still lives in the Carleton County area and this is supposedly where the drum ended up. I don't know what happened to it in the meantime though. I have most of my McClinton's from County Down, Ireland to Canada on my webpages at
http://www.mclinton.ca

Posted: 17 Aug 2009 1:38AM GMT
Hello, I saw your post about Peter Mclinden. I am searching for information on my husband's great great grandfather Peter McLinden born 1849 in Ireland and died 1918 in Brooklyn, NY. Married to Margaret Dolan, child of Matthew Dolan and Rosie Matthews. Any information we could exchange would be great. Many thanks,

BeyerCa@aol.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions