Search for content in message boards

Hampton Byrd Family Tree

Hampton Byrd Family Tree

Posted: 3 Aug 2004 5:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am researching my family tree. My great great great grandfather was Overton Byrd (1814-1840) who married Martha Tesson on Feb 25, 1836 . One of their son's was my great great grandfather Hampton Byrd (1836- 1883 or 1884) who married Margaret or Marguerite Massey about 1870 in Jefferson Co, Mo (Margaret’s father was Roland Massey and mother Mary Lancaster) One Margaret’s/Hampton Byrd son's was my great grandfather Horace Greely Byrd (1871-?) who married Alice I. Meadows. One of their daughters was Della E. Byrd (my grandmother) who married Frank Greer. They had 4 daughters Minnie Marie, Bonnie Lou, Constance Connie and Ella Geneva.
Bonnie Lou Greer is my mother who married William R. Cannon.
My mother told me that there is Indian in our family tree. If you have any information on this family tree please contact me. I would really like to complete my family tree. I can be reached at 6542 Ocean Crest Dr. #B213 Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275 or DLC788@aol.com

Hampton Byrd

amcguffie (View posts)
Posted: 4 Aug 2004 11:25AM GMT
Overton Byrd was the son of Austin Byrd. Austin Byrd was born in South Carolina about 1784 and moved to Missouri Territory (then known as Upper Louisiana) with his parents and siblings about 1805.

Austin Byrd's father was Michael K. Byrd who died in early 1806, leaving his widow Margaret to file his claim for land.

I am a descendant of one of Austin Byrd's brothers, Micajah Byrd.

Go to the "Genforum" site for Jefferson County, Missouri. I've posted quite a bit there about this family.

Re: Hampton Byrd

Posted: 5 Aug 2004 4:50AM GMT
Edited: 7 Jun 2005 4:24AM GMT
Surnames: Byrd
Would you know if there was a Charlie Byrd in your familytree
that moved to Northeast Ark in 1920's .

Charlie and his wife Viola Jones was suppose to have came from Mo as i was told by a family member that was married
to Charlie's and Viola's son Junior Byrd who is my ex father in law who is now deceased.

Charlie and Viloa passed away when Junior was around 7 years of age there was two or three more kids besides him
one was Peggy and the other was a Evelyn.

There was some stepchildren also so i think that Viloa must have been married before but i am not sure i do know that
Junior's wife said there was 3 stepchildren so i guess that
Viola was married before but anyway i hope you can help me
how can i get to that genform site for Jefferson City i have
tried that many times for other sites but i can't get there
i have no idea what i am doing wrong maybe you can
type it in so i can click on it thru this board or email
me with the url and i will look at it i am interested in looking
at it.

Thank you,

Betty

amcguffie (View posts)
Posted: 5 Aug 2004 12:57PM GMT
try www.genforum.genealogy.com/mo/jefferson

my research on the Jefferson County Byrds does not go beyond about 1850 so I don't have any information about whether your Charlie Byrd was a part of this family or not.

Posted: 6 Aug 2004 1:23AM GMT
Edited: 7 Jun 2005 4:24AM GMT
Surnames: Byrd
Thank you for replying back to me i appreciate it very
much.

I will go to this website and read it and thanks again.

Betty
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions