Search for content in message boards

Pocahontas descendants

Pocahontas and John Rolfe

Posted: 23 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 5:50AM GMT
Surnames: Pocahontas, Rolfe, Cabell, Doswell, Epes
I have John Peyton DOSWELL b. 1787 in VA, son of Major John DOSWELL of Nottoway, VA and his wife Mary Elizabeth Poythress EPES. John Peyton DOSWELL and his wife Mary Pocahontas Rebecca CABELL were married in 1818 Danville, VA. He died in Henderson Co., Dec. 1820, she died there in 1821. They had two sons who died about the same time. His sister Sarah "Sallie" Epes DOSWELL married Gen'l Benjamin W.S. CABELL in 1816. The Cabell's father was Joseph Cabell and his wife Pocahontas Rebecca BOLLING, thus a Pocahontas descendant. The Doswell family married in VA 1818 and died in Henderson Co. as early as Dec 1820, not sure when they arrived in KY.

Pocahontas descendants

Posted: 23 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Jan 2002 9:57PM GMT
Surnames: Williams, Cabell

I am researching the descendants of Pocahontas and John Rolfe. I have found two families that came to Henderson County, Kentucky. Elizabeth Robertson Cabell who married Archibald Dixon was one of her descendants who is buried in Henderson and Warner Archer Williams is another of her descendants. Can anyone give me more of her descendants that settled in Henderson?

Pocahonta descendents

Posted: 24 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 12 Dec 2002 12:50AM GMT
Surnames: Cabel Williams
I am the 14th Great Grandson of Pochontas thru my gaandmother, Virginia Walker Sandefur, who was a resident of Henderson Co.,Ky. Her father was Samuel A. Sandefur, a resident of Henderson Co.,born 1926 and her mother was Obedience O'Bannon Collier, born 1808 in McLean Co,Ky. It was thru Obedience that the relation to John Rolfhis father John Eustace Rolfe, and Eustace Rolfe occurred. I have a chart of the ancestors if you so desire.Earl sheets

Descendants of

Vonette (View posts)
Posted: 29 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Shelton, Curtis, Irwin, Pruett, Farmer
I have a Book on the descandants of P....I will look up any names you wish from this book....My husband, this is his line.
alvon@apex.net

Descendants of Pocahontas

Posted: 30 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 5:50AM GMT
Surnames: DOSWELL, ROLFE, BOLLING, POYTHRESS, CABELL
It is my 'belief' that John Peyton DOSWELL b. 1798 VA and his sister Sarah 'Sallie' Epes DOSWELL children of Major John DOSWELL of Nottoway, VA are descendants of Pocahontas thru the CABELL line. John married Mary Pocahontas Rebecca CABELL 1818 in Danville, VA and his sister Sallie married General Benjamin W.S. CABELL, both of the Cabell's are children of Joseph Cabell and his wife Pocahontas Rebecca BOLLING. I remember reading somewhere that Benjamin sent 6 sons into the civil war but I don't have any names for their children, or the children of John and Mary which died betwn Dec 1820 and sometime in 1821 when both parents died in Henderson Co., KY. I would like to verify this information and get the names of Joseph Cabell's other children. Thanks for any help.
Donna msmissy@oro.net

Re: Pocahontas descendants

Posted: 4 Oct 2004 3:29AM GMT
Edited: 15 Mar 2005 5:13PM GMT
Surnames: Barron,Baron
Do you happen to know if the Barron's are Pocahontas's descendents.?

Re: Pocahonta descendents

Posted: 17 Feb 2005 12:02AM GMT
Edited: 21 Nov 2005 11:42PM GMT
Surnames: Sandefur, Collier
The Virginia who was the daughter of Samuel A. and Obedience (Collier) Sandefur did not marry. She was born in 1841 and died in 1872. Her middle name was not Walker. She was called Jenny and she is buried beside her brother, Albert, in the Mackey Cemetery outside of Beech Grove in McLean County. Two other brothers, James and William Powhatan are also buried at Mackey, as are two of her sisters, Matilda (Bina) and Narcissa (Sis). Samuel was born in 1804 (approximate age according to he census records), and died on Feb. 2, 1884. Obedience died about 1890 and is also buried in the Mackey Cemetery. Samuel's grave was lost, so we placed a memorial to him at the Mackey Cemetery.
You must be thinking of one of the other Virginias in various branches of the family

Re: Descendants of

Posted: 24 Apr 2013 12:05AM GMT
are they todays descendants or back in the olden days descendents
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions