Search for content in message boards

Mary and Augusta Garner married John Nelson Patty

Mary and Augusta Garner married John Nelson Patty

Posted: 1 Jan 2006 2:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Jun 2006 12:43PM GMT
Surnames: Garner, Patty
Does anyone know about either of these women? Perhaps they were related, but don't know. Apparently John and Mary married around 1900 and then divorced before 1910. John then married Augusta and had several children by her. Two sons Isaac and Henry Harve Patty were born to Mary.

Re: Mary and Augusta Garner married John Nelson Patty

Posted: 1 Jan 2006 2:21AM GMT
Edited: 2 Jun 2006 12:43PM GMT
OOPs, I forgot to say this was in the area of Blount and Sevier County in Tennessee.

Posted: 9 Jun 2006 1:40PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2006 9:15PM GMT
Surnames: Davis, Garner, Patty
Mary Garner was a daughter of Jackson and Elizabeth "Fannie" Roberts Garner, as I understand it. Following the divorce from John Patty, she married a Jack Boling. Both are buried at Ellejoy Baptist Church Cemetery in Blount County. Her son Henry Harve Patty married Pearl Martin (her middle name) Garner Manis. She was the daughter of Samuel and Mary E. Davis Garner with Samuel being the son of Matthew Bogle Garner and Mary Keeble and a grandson of Eli Garner, Sr., and his wife Elizabeth Rogers Garner. Pearl Garner Patty died from complications of child birth in 1938 ( don't have my notes before me) and she was buried at Ellejoy Cemetery. They had several small children and thereafter Henry remarried.

Augusta Garner Patty is, I believe, the daughter of John Francis Garner and a Boling. Her father was a son of Matthew Bogle Garner also if memory serves me correctly, so the two women were definitely related. Haven't done as much research on her and I don't have my notes as said, but she and John Nelson Patty are reportedly buried at Sherwood Memorial Gardens in Alcoa, Blount County, Tennessee.

LaVon Garner David (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jun 2006 6:38PM GMT
Surnames: garner
We are hoping to find parents and brothers & sisters for our Jarred?Jarret Garner b. aboutr 1794 and left Virginia about 1818 and married in 1821 in Illinois to Martha Maulding. Do have their family but who are his parents, any brothers or sisters. Some one help us. Some one put Jarred Garner md. Nancy Hull as parents but no proof and have only seen that they did marry but nothing on family. Thanks for any help for our Garner, Jarret ancestos. Thanks.

Posted: 10 Jun 2006 8:17PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2006 9:15PM GMT
I have never heard of a Jarred or Jarrett Garner. I am confused as to what this has to do with Mary and Augusta Garner Patty, who each married John Nelson Patty.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions