Search for content in message boards

Cephas Smith

Cephas Smith

Mark R. Taylor (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jun 2002 5:16AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Smith, Moss, Beasley, Wolf
Cephas Smith b. approx 1815 and Hulda (Hilda?) Moss had a son in Lake Providence, Benjamin Franklin Smith. The Smiths went to Bradley County AR. In 1855, Cephas married Sarah Jane Wolf in Bradley County. Trying to locate information on Cephas Smith (my great great grandfather). They returned to E Carroll, appearing in the 1870 census. Then back to Bradley County AR. I have very little information on Cephas and only a name for Hilda. My great great grandfather, Joseph Eugene Smith, was born in Bradley County AR to a possible 3rd wife of Cephas by the last name of Beasley.

Re: Cephas Smith

Posted: 2 May 2012 10:44AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hulda Moss was married first to Thomas M. Hyde in Chicot Co., Arkansas, in 1833. He was apparently deceased before 1836 when she married Cephus Smith. Do you know if there were any children from her Hyde marriage? I am researching the Hyde family. Thomas Hyde was the son of Ezekiel Hyde. I am a descendant of Ezekiel's daughter Margaret Hyde Holderby and am looking for a male Hyde descendant for a DNA test. Thanks for any information you can provide.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic