Search for content in message boards

Haffelders in Waukesha

Haffelders in Waukesha

Posted: 5 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 9:40PM GMT
Surnames: HAFFELDER
I am looking for any information on a Joseph Haffelder family that lived in Waukesha Co. in the 1860's. I have information on a daughter Anna, that was born here in 1863. They moved to Dunn Co. in 1871. I think they came from New York, but I'm not sure. Joseph's wife's name was Mary and his other children were Fred, Philip, Catherine, and Mary (Margaret). They were devout Catholics and that's about all I know. Thank You.

Re: Haffelders in Waukesha

Posted: 28 Oct 2012 6:43PM GMT
Surnames: Haffelder/Schreier
I'm searching for information on my great grandmother, Nellie Haffelder, born around 1852 in Germany. She married George Schreier, and I know they lived in Wisconsin before moving to Chicago. Is she in your family tree??

Jill

Posted: 29 Oct 2012 1:55AM GMT
I cannot find a Nellie Haffelder in a quick search of my things. Do you have any information on where in Germany or where in Wisconsin? I know they were in the New Berlin area and then up to Menomonee and that they came from Neckarbishofshein, Germany. I will tell you this, I had a feeling the Haffelders in Texas were connected, and sure enough, I kept searching and found the connection. I believe any that spent time in Wisconsin are surely connected. I will try to look into it further when I get a chance.

Andrea

Posted: 29 Oct 2012 4:20PM GMT
I think Nellie was born in Helmhof, Baden-Wuerttemberg. Nellie is almost surely a nickname; not certain what her given name was. She and her husband George Schreier had one son born in Eau Claire and one in Hammond, Wisconsin. In searching the newspaper archives on Ancestry, I found a lot of Haffelders in the Eau Claire area. Suspect that's where Nellie's family was from. It's just so frustrating - no family papers, no family Bible, nothing with details about her given name or her family. Thanks for checking! And if you find anyone with a name that might have been shortened to Nellie, maybe she's the one.

Jill
per page

Find a board about a specific topic