Search for content in message boards

McKenna Family tree - branches

McKenna Family tree - branches

Bryan McKenna (View posts)
Posted: 2 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McKenna, Howie, James, Huggins, Grainger, Stockwell, Stevens, Shaddock, Harris, McNicholl, Sneddon, Highland, Hyland, Purcell, Elliott, Parfit, Corran, McGrath
Looking for People researching these names.

All of whom were residents of

Melbourne 1830's onwards.
Posted: 5 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 12 May 2002 10:49AM GMT
Surnames: HUGGINS
G'day Bryan,
Have just saw your message in the Archives, I am the descendant of a Joseph Huggins. I don't know when he came to Victoria, Australia. He was still in England in 1848 and was in Victoria by 1854.
I realise that this is a lot later than the 1830's but your relatives may be my rellies family.
Joseph was the son of Robert Huggins and Rachel Cowlands who had children Joseph, Robert, Thomas, Lavinia, William who were born in Hertfordshire and John born in Shoreditch, London

Huggins family

Heather Rogers (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Huggins, Hann, Trowell
I am seeking information in connection with Fredrick John Huggins b. 1867, Macarthur, Victoria. His parent's names were Fredrick Huggins and Mary Fran(cis) Trowell (maybe from Hamilton, Vic. area). He married Harriet Asneath Hann in Portland, Victoria, 1889.

Victorian Elliotts

Ben Simpson (View posts)
Posted: 5 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: ELLIOTT
Henry Elliott b. England about 1827 supposed to arrive Melbourne about 1850. Believed d. about 1875

Grainger

dennis Grainger (View posts)
Posted: 13 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Grainger
Looking for an Andrew Grainger moved from Ireland.

McKenna Henry Charles

Posted: 18 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 28 Mar 2002 10:52PM GMT
Surnames: McKenna
Henry Charles McKenna was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in around 1854 and came to Australia. I can place him in Clermont, Central Queensland during 1891 as he became the father of a boy also called Henry Charles. I have no other confirmed details of him.

I have found a Mining Lease for a Henry McKenna in North Queensland in 1901 and found another reference to a Henry McKenna associated with the Kyneton Gold Mine in Victoria.

miles mckenna family

shelagh richter (View posts)
Posted: 31 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: mckenna
Miles McKenna was born in Leitrim,Ireland abt 1820. He married Anne Saddler in South Africa in 1848, arriving in
Victoria early 1850s.On his daughter, Anne's birth cert. he
was shown as a Miner with 6 children:- Honor, Mary, Thomas,
William, l boy dec'd and Anne. Place:- Landsborough, Victoria. I am descended through Anne - cannot find any further details on Miles or family. Will appreciate any help.

Shaddock/Highland

Kay Sturgeon (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Shaddock
My friend Maureen Newnham has a George Shaddoch/k b 1814 & marr 1844 TAS Eliza Highland and moved to Melbourne.

Would this be one of the familys on your list

GRAINGER

PAM DOMAN (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: GRAINGER, LEVI
HI MY GRANDMOTHER WAS REBECCA LEAH (GRAINGER)LEVI BORN
1884 IN COLLINGWOOD MARRIED SAMUEL LEVI IN 1908
IS THERE ANY CONNECTIONS HERE.
YOURS
PAM DOMAN

McKenna

Posted: 20 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jul 2001 9:26AM GMT
Surnames: McKenna, Farrell
Brian, my gt grd father was Patrick McKenna b. Vaug c.1860.
He lived and died in S.Aust, but came from Victoria. Was the son of Charles McKenna and Rosanna Farrell. Believe they were around Sandringham c. 1850's. Other Children of Charles and Rosanna & brothers to Patrick were Charles, William and Peter. One was a miner up at broken hill, one was a supt. in Police Force (found a policman up at Golden. SQ near Bendigo but unsure whether any connection), and the other worked on tramways in Melbourne. The brothers were all born I think between 1850-1860 and likely to have lived til around 1930-1940's. I vaguely remember there being mention of a sister, but have no details. Any connection to yours?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions