Search for content in message boards

ROTTEMUNDT/ROTHERMUNDT

ROTTEMUNDT/ROTHERMUNDT

Posted: 1 Apr 2008 7:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rothermundt,Goetz
Gustav ROTHERMUNDT married Sophie Elisabeth GOETZ/GAETZ in 1908 and had Andre/Andreas rottermundt in 1915 in toulon auvergne france. sophie married a mr renault and had marina. not sure if the children born rothermundt or renault.
any help on this family will b greatly appreciated.
john tyner in ireland

Re: ROTTEMUNDT/ROTHERMUNDT

Posted: 23 Sep 2008 5:54PM GMT
Hello John,
Sophie (aka Sonia)GOETZ was my great grand mother. She had three children, Kyrill, Andre and Marina. Kyrill was my grand father . They are all deceased now. Kyrill had 2 children Thomas and Marina. Thomas is my father.
Kyrill and Andre were born in St Petersburg and Marina was born in Finland in 1914 as the family fled to there because of the revolution in Russia. The family then settled in Dresden in the house built by Adolf Rothermundt which is now a music school.
Sonia divorce Gustav and took Marina and Andre with her. Kyrill stayed behind until 1951 where he moved to the Paris suburbs to stay with Marina and Sonia.
Lived in Nice prior to that where Anatole Renault (I think) had a restaurant called the canneton.

Kind regards
Cyrill

Posted: 23 Sep 2008 6:25PM GMT
cyrill, good to hear from you. please keep in touch as we are cousins!
email me at johntyner2001atyahoo.com

Posted: 27 Jul 2009 6:58AM GMT
Hallo Cyrill Rothermundt,

Andreas Abel from Germany is also a descendant of the family Rothermundt. He knows a lot about this family and is interested to get contact with you. Please contact him - his email-address is andreas-abel@web.de.

Posted: 28 Nov 2012 2:07PM GMT
Surnames: Rothermundt
My grand mother is one of Rothermundt living in Indonesia.

Her father, Ernst Rothermundt, was a German engineer sent to Indonesia around early of 19.. He was married with Susanna Theodora Abels at 5-11-1919 in Semarang. Her parents were Samuel Abels and Charlotte de Vries.
After Susanna passed away, my great grandfather moved to Malang with his son, Bernard Rothermundt(+). Then he married with a Chinese-Indonesian name Ernie. They have 4 children, i.e.: Helene Pauline Rothermundt (our grandma), Theodore Rothermundt (+), Mien Rothermundt and Paul Herman Rothermundt.

My great grandfather died on 19 January 1942, when he was as one of internee in Van Imhoff ship which bombed by Japan in in Hindia Ocean.

Since then we lost contact with any Rothermundt family in Germany/Europe.

It would be great if anyone of you can drop a message if know something about my great grandfather or his family.

Rgds,
Indah
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions