Search for content in message boards

van het Kaar

van het Kaar

Jakob van het Kaar (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: van het Kaar
Could anyone provide me with any kind of information about the surname "van het Kaar". The only thing I know is that it comes from a region in the province of North Holland called "Zaanstreek".

van het Kaar

Posted: 25 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Feb 2004 6:17AM GMT
Surnames: Kaar, Laurie, Masefield, Murphy, Ross, Krejci, Grabatt
I hope we can connect the information that you can collect and the information my family has been collecting for 25 yrs.

Sincerely
Kathy

van het Kaar

Claudia van het Kaar (View posts)
Posted: 9 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Hello Jakob and Kathleen !

I just happened to find this crazy website today and it feels nice to read my own family name there ! We are quite a big family and we do originate from the "Zaanstreek" in the North of Holland. My grandma says "Kaar" is an old word or a dialect for "windmill", my dad says a "Kaar" is the basket where you keep the fish in after catching it. I would love to hear whatever you have found out about the name and history of the van het Kaar family ! Daag !

Claudia

van het Kaar

Posted: 8 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Hello Claudia,

Thanks for your response on my message (I write you in english, although I think you are dutch like me, but anyway there are also a lot of Americans with the same last name)I´m sorry for responding so late, but anyway better late than never.

SO I suppose it is clear that we come from the "zaanstreek", but I do not know much more really. That what you said about the windmill, they told me more or less the same, that is, I did not know Kaar is a word for Windmill, I always thought it was just a name of a certain windmill in the zaanstreek.

Anyway, maybe it could be interesting to interchange the names of the persons in our families to see if we are family or not.

Well, we´ll be in touch

Bye
Jakob

van het Kaar

Posted: 8 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Hello Kathleen,

I would really like to interchange information about our last names, but, as you may have seen in my response to Claudia, I do not have a lot of information about it. SOme of my family members tried to find more information, but I don´t think they found a lot really. Anyway, does your information also point to the "zaanstreek" or do you have other links.

Bye

Jakob

Re: inquiry on the name of Kaar

Posted: 16 Jan 2003 10:20AM GMT
Edited: 31 Jul 2003 11:56AM GMT
Looking for someone, who can help
me with the family name of Kaar, this spelling
appears on some papers, found in some papers
after my Mother past away.
Can someone contact me

Re: van het Kaar

Posted: 22 Jan 2013 2:49PM GMT
Hello Claudia,

My name is Niek van het Kaar, although I was born and raised in Eindhoven, Noord Brabant I am living and working in the US for about 20 years now, yikes, time flies when you have fun. Anyway, according to what my dad told me the name "Kaar" is the basket to keep the fish alive after catching it, sounds familiar, and that the name originates from Noord Holland. Somewhere in my parent's home there is a Kaar family tree which my father started, next time when I am in the Netherlands I'll see if I can find it and scan it into a file. Daag.

Re: van het Kaar

Posted: 22 Jan 2013 3:17PM GMT
Hallo Jakob
Got to www.stamboomzoeker.nl Click on "english" (top right of the page) fill in "van het Kaar" at "surname" click search and you will find 85 van het Kaars, most of them in the Zaanstreek. The Zaanstreek is officially called "Zaanstad" now. Years ago yhe Zaanstreek was 7 villages but these villages became one township somewhere in the seventies. If you want to know more about this ares please mail me. I was born there. nicokan@hetnet.nl

Regards

Nico
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions