James Monroe Ragland 1835
James Henry Ragland 1858
Marian Ethel Ragland/Charles Whitley Rush

Would like to exchange information with other
descendants from the same line.

ragland family

Torrie Talbert (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jul 2000 2:19PM GMT
I now that my great, great , great grandfather was John ragland,evan ragland was born1656, I think that evan was great grandfather of mine too.. evan was the oldest son of thomas ragland.. I got the family history of the raglands, I havent read yet.. E-mail me back please

RAGLAND FAMILY

KATHRYN RAGLAND REA (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 2000 12:04PM GMT
I KNOW MY FAMILY CAME FROM BUCHINGHAM MOVED TO WASHINGTON DC AND THEN TO NELSON COUNTY.
MY FATHER WAS WILLIAM CARLTON RAGLAND, HIS FATHER WAS WILLIAM BARKMAN RAGLAND, BURIED IN FABER; HE WAS MARRIED TO LILLY LOUNDEREE RAGLAND. WILLIAM AND LILLY HAD FOUR CHILDREN. IF YOU HAVE THE FAMILY INFO I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW IT. MY GREAT GRANDMOTHER I BELIEVE WAS NAMED NANCY ELLEN RAGLAND

Buckingham Raglands

Posted: 30 Jul 2000 8:51AM GMT
Edited: 14 Jul 2001 2:14AM GMT
Torrie,

If you're correct in your ancestry,then we're
definitely related in some say.

If you will give me your email address we can
communicate more directly.

Jerry

ragland

Torrie (View posts)
Posted: 1 Aug 2000 11:47AM GMT
I think are related in some way, I have a picture of my great great great grandfather John rangland his family.. Here ia my e-mail address neeka1017@aol.com

ragland

Torrie (View posts)
Posted: 1 Aug 2000 12:05PM GMT
I don't know if there is any connection, between are familys, I will read what I have on the Ragland family tonight.. You can e-maul if you like at neeka1017@aol.com

ragland descedant

carole tripp (View posts)
Posted: 7 Nov 2000 8:59AM GMT
My lineage is also evan, john, john Jr., richard. Richard Marshall Ragland is my great great grandfather. John Marshall (l832) married Lucy Layne had 9 children. Lillie Dell (b l869) was my grandmother. Other siblings were william clay, john beauregard, charles david, robert cantor, edward thomas, pearl alman, coral cauthran (pearl and coral were twins) and lucy marshall. I have more info if you are interested.

Ragland - Raglan

pdavis (View posts)
Posted: 12 Nov 2000 12:04PM GMT
Hy Carole
Do you know what is the relationship between the surnames above?
I think Raglan is directly related to Raglan (Castle) and locations near it.
What about Ragland?
From where it comes?

Ragland/Raglan

Posted: 12 Nov 2000 2:14PM GMT
there is a book "The Raglands: History of a British-American Family" avail from Univ of Fl bookstore, phone 813-974-5026. Costs about 50.00 but is a thorough search of Raglands from the Raglan Castle in Wales. If you have not already found the web site : FamilyTreeMaker.com - link to user home pages, there is an extensive history of Roots /Branches of the Evan Ragland Famiy Tree. Evan is the one who came to VA and married Susanna Pettus, thus starting the Raglands in the US. Hope this will help some. Apparently the Ragland/Raglan spellings were interchangeable at one time.

Ragland/Raglan

Posted: 12 Nov 2000 2:16PM GMT
there is a book "The Raglands: History of a British-American Family" avail from Univ of Fl bookstore, phone 813-974-5026. Costs about 50.00 but is a thorough search of Raglands from the Raglan Castle in Wales. If you have not already found the web site : FamilyTreeMaker.com - link to user home pages, there is an extensive history of Roots /Branches of the Evan Ragland Famiy Tree. Evan is the one who came to VA and married Susanna Pettus, thus starting the Raglands in the US. Hope this will help some. Apparently the Ragland/Raglan spellings were interchangeable at one time.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic