Search for content in message boards

mary schoonover upstate ny/pa?????

mary schoonover upstate ny/pa?????

brian cotterell (View posts)
Posted: 30 Oct 2000 5:30PM GMT
mary married samuel hulse born sometime in the late 1700s they had children one of which james david is my ggggreat grandfather.
came from either pennsylvania or upstate ny not to sure on that. any info would be greatly appreciated...

Schoonover

Lynn Hauldren (View posts)
Posted: 3 Dec 2000 11:15AM GMT
Brian - I had a ggggrandmother named Mary Schoonover, b 1787 in Sussex Co. NJ. Her father was Thomas, and her mother was Margaret Cadrow - which I suspect was really Cotterell, because I've been unable to find a Cadrow of any kind in any state or any period.
My Mary Schoonover, however, married Lester Adams. Could there by any kind of connection? Contact me at LHaul@mediaone.net.

Mary Schoonover-Samuel Hulse

Posted: 16 Dec 2000 10:14AM GMT
Edited: 11 Sep 2005 2:33PM GMT
Hi, Brian
email me, lio15@rocketmail.com. I'm just communicating to common relatives in Washington state about Samuel and Mary, also ancestors of mine.

Re: mary schoonover upstate ny/pa?????

Posted: 29 Aug 2002 10:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi, I am also related to Samuel Hulse Sr. and Mary Schoonover. I am his gggranddaughter. Trying to find where they were born--who are their parents. My grandfather was Willard Elbert Hulse married to Carrie Conklin, and Antionette Tremmel aka Edna Miller. Willard and Carrie had a daughter Polly C. Hulse who married a Mulrainy(Murainie, Murainy or Mullaney). Can't seem to find any with Mulrainy.

From another possible cousin,
Jean Marie Hulse-Diggs

Posted: 25 Aug 2004 6:28PM GMT
I found this obit. in my GGgrandma's Bible. It mentions a Robert Mulrainy. Altough I doubt this will help you...you never know! Good Luck! Janine Delcamp

Death of Henry Shadley (Irvin Smock's sister's husband)

In The Evening Republican Monday was briefly noted the death of Henry Shadley, a man who will be greatly missed from the circle in which he was wont to move. Mr. Shadley was an old and esteemed citizen of Meadville, a quiet, gentleman and a man whom everybody like who knew him. He passed away at his home, No. 448 Poplar Street, about 4:30 Monday morning after somewhat lingering illness, and he is survived by is aged wife, two sons, Ralph Henry and George Edward; one brother Frank, and one sister, Mrs. Robert Mulrainy, all of Meadville. He was a member of St. Paul's Reformed Church.
The following regarding Mr. Shadley is written by C.M. Boush, Esq., who thus feelingly pays his tribute to the memory of an old friend:
Meadville has lost in the death of Mr. Henry Shadley one of its very best German citizens. He was born in Rhine, Bavaria, Germany, and came here in 1852, when he was 7 years of age, with his father, Anthony Shadley, who brought with him a family of seven children. Soon after I came here, in 1853, I became acquainted with Anthony Shadley, a man fine neighborly disposition, industrious and frugal.
The family lived in Meadville a few years an then located on a farm in Union Township, where Mr. Shadely reared his family, and where all the children grew up to be good and industrious citizens. Henry, with whom I became well acquainted, was in character and all his ways very much like his father, and he was a fine man. He married into the respectable Smock family, and leaves as his widow a woman who has many friends to sympathize with her in her bereavement. He also leaves two sons, Ralph and Charles, who are following in the footsteps of their father's amiable and useful habits; and will now be reliable support for their aged mother. One son died in infancy.
Henry Shadley, of whom I write, died a good Christian and a good citizen. He was a consistent member of (nothing is written here. Then it is written twice...)
Services in memory of Mr. Shadley Services in memory of Mr. Shadley will be held at 10 o'clock Thursday in St. Paul's Church, and the interment will be made in the ST. Paul's Cemetery.

Posted: 19 Nov 2012 2:18AM GMT
I also am related to Samuel and Mary Schoonover Hulse. they are my ggg great grandparents. Samuel born 1785 Mary 1787' Wed in Orange County New York. Only know their family came from Holland or Batavia. Do not know who their parents are or names.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions